help please protein in urine again

mortigger1968

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everytime a water sample is.done there is protein in it and noone seems to be doing anything about it. They have done a contrast ct scan and a intrrnal scan amd found a cyst on kidney but thats it and done blood samples are theses enough to detect any kodney damage ir are there other tests i need to demand..

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might ask for a ACT (Albumin Creatinine Ratio) urine test. My EGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate, a blood test) has been normal, more or less around the 90, but the ACT has shown that some protein is leaking at a 'statistically significant percentage', whatever that means. No one seems to bother though.

mortigger1968

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi my sugars are between 7/9 and my bp is not very high at all. So.i dont know
what causing it cause sugars are.fine

amin13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You might ask for a ACT (Albumin Creatinine Ratio) urine test. My EGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate, a blood test) has been normal, more or less around the 90, but the ACT has shown that some protein is leaking at a 'statistically significant percentage', whatever that means. No one seems to bother though.

I also have normal eGFR and a very high ACR of 750 I’m honestly scared that my kidneys are damaged

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
I have had Protein in my urine all my life. Long before my Prediabetes diabetes diagnosis.
I was told that if you eat a high Protein diet, which I do....
You just pee out the excess.
You could just drop your protein intake and see what happens.
Never bothered me at all.

Reactions: amin13

amin13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had Protein in my urine all my life. Long before my Prediabetes diabetes diagnosis.
I was told that if you eat a high Protein diet, which I do....
You just pee out the excess.
You could just drop your protein intake and see what happens.
Never bothered me at all.

Have you ever done a ACR urine test .?

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Have you ever done a ACR urine test .?
Not as far as I know. Had problems when pregnant and had scans etc. Just showed my one kidney was enlarged. Gave the paper work to GP when I came back to this country. They just filed it away and haven't mentioned my kidneys since. (around 47 years ago).

amin13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not as far as I know. Had problems when pregnant and had scans etc. Just showed my one kidney was enlarged. Gave the paper work to GP when I came back to this country. They just filed it away and haven't mentioned my kidneys since. (around 47 years ago).

Ooh alright