HELP please re blood sugar readings...

Hi All,

I'm just after some help!

I am currently twenty nine weeks pregnant and was diagnosed with GD last week!
They are trying to give me a chance to control it through my diet before they put me onto the tablets and so far most of my readings have been OK, I have done twenty readings so far and five of them have been too high (over 7.8 )
I was told that if I got three consecutive high readings within a week I would have to be put on the tablets but I just wondered if anyone can clarify what they mean by consecutive readings? Does this mean three in a row or three high after breakfast, three high after lunch or three high after tea etc??? If I have only had five high readings out of twenty are they still likely to put me on the tablets?
My original glucose test which they use to diagnose it also only came back slightly over the cut off threshold. My result was 8.3 and the cut off is 7.9!

Also out of interest today at lunch I took blood out of two different fingers a minute apart, the first reading came back as 8.2 and the reading from the second finger, a minute later, came back as 7.0! Can anyone explain why these two readings would differ so widely within just a minute?
I am using Freestyle Optium to monitor?

Thanks in advance for any help or replies. xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The communication lines seem to down between you and your HCP's. I doubt if anyone on here could guess at what they meant but I have the following comments.

You are unlikely to get three consecutive readings in different weeks unless you only take one a week. I state the obvious here because they said the three consecutive readings should be within a week.

Three in one day, two hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner must surely qualify. I assume they are only talking about consecutive two hour readings.

In my opinion three consecutive two hour lunch readings taking three days should qualify since it indicates a lunch menu problem. The same applies to breakfast and dinner.

I'm not helping am I?