Help please??

angel19

Hi,

I started on my pump on monday 13th july. Its a minimed veo.

I really need help with the filling reservoirs, they look fine when ive filled them and then maybe about the 2nd day im noticing bubbles in the tubing and then ive to do a set change, I only did one yesterday and at the moment im in the stage where im waiting to see if my bg drops within an hour and if not im going to have to do a full change again. Im rapidly losing confidence in myself and starting to feel ive made an awful mistake

Can anyone help please?

Jennifer.

angel19

yes ive been using rooom temp insulin, the reservoirs do look good when filled but then problems seem to start after a while...

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
may i ask why you need to change your set if you have bubbles?

can't you just disconnect and then prime your pump to remove bubbles? i don't seem to have a problem with them, or if i do i never notice them.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As candi girl says, you don't need to change the set, just prime them out, though to be honest I've only had to do this a few times. Most of the time I don't really look. If theres a problem it shows with your glucose level or if you get a no delivery alarm when giving a bolus.
Are you sure that they are bubbles, as the tube is in 2 layers sometimes a slight 'kink' looks like a bubble. If it doesn't move when you prime it, its not a bubble.
A few tiny 'champagne' bubbles should't present a problem.
Don't worry, I hated the business of set changing when I started, it gets much easier and much quicker :)

angel19

hey,

my DSN gave me in trouble for priming the bubbles out!! Thats why i was doing a set change! Thanks for the replies though, ive now gotten the hang of it and ive stopped obsessively looking for bubbles too, I think i was just panicking in those first few days of learning everything again