Help pls dose anyone understand ?

Tiger

Dislikes
my inner body lungs bones teath my genrall health
im stuk and cant see well lol

Im diabetic type 2 i think was put on insulin 2 weeks ago im not over weight dont eat much although i chronic asthmatic been on prednisolone steroids for years im 33 today lol im cofused though they said they would only give me 10 units twice day for couple moths then put me back on pills now they say im on for life and gradually pushed it upto 30 twice a day. Im single dad of 3 year old son my phone line down so unable to call doc ive been running at 25 all day thought it would go down but now it 28 and that key thing we on stick dont go any darker is that bad not bad i dont really know my mouth like a wooly jumper and i feel like i been out on the beer not felt like this before.

Tiger

Dislikes
im bit stuk tis all new to me

Should i be worryin g bout bms at 28 an keys att go nodarker on we stick things i dunno i f eel drunk and cant see well

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Re: im stuk and cant see well lol

You need to get to hospital quickly. Get someone to phone for you and get there tonight.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: im bit stuk tis all new to me

You HAVE to get to hospital and fast. Do you have a mobile? A neighbour you can trouble?

wiflib

Tiger

Dislikes
Im now in hospital went there last night there machine just said hi and the ketones very high and said somthing about acidic blood they put me on slider plus sodium chloride and in vein antibiotics as well . hospital has been my second home for my whole life mainly due to chronic asthma .

I also have very low immune system on average im on antibiotics of some sort every 3 to 4 weeks i tend to get chest kidney then water infetions in that order all they keep saying is the constant ifections antibiotics and constant use of steroids will constantly push my bloods up that will make getting rid of the infections harder and cause more so really im stuck in a circle one plays the other

I only have to speak down phone im sick lol i really dont understand all this i just lost my wife earlier in year and it all bit much at mo it been 8 months and 3 yr son still crys 4 his mum. Now i feel like im letting him down am i still type 2

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tiger, I'm glad you took yourself to the hospital, I was extremely worried about you last night.

I can't possibly understand the awful time you have been through lately, coping with the loss of your wife and bringing up a small child must be so bl**dy difficult.

Whilst you are in hospital, ask your care team for help and advice. They are not there just to help you with your diabetes. If you haven't already sought help from bereavement counselling, I can highly recommend it for you and your son.

Read extensively around this forum, there is a huge amount of experiences and information here and some of it may give you one of those Ah Ha! moments. Post as often as you feel able. If there's one thing we are good at, it's offering our help, support and unsolicited advice!

Be kind to yourself and question EVERYTHING about your care. Don't let others make decisions for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a Christmas filled with laughter for you and your son.

wiflib

frenchkittie

I hope very much that you get the help that you need Tiger.

As wiflib suggests, think hard about seeking some form of counselling

You were extremely lucky last night to have had internet access, especially as your phone was down and you were unable to phone your doctor. It's handy that you have access to the internet in hospital too, you'll be able to keep us all updated.

Tiger

Dislikes
Thanks dont really know whats happening to my body at mo ive also had counselling over wife and normally okay with it the problem is and i know it sound silly as i am 33 yr old but i miss her being about when im sick dont like going hospital on my own she was always there to help normally im a get up and go person but this got me i like to be incontrol of my own body not the other way round .

I Thankfull for advice last night i managed knock a neigbour up i was just going to try sleep it of but doc and nursing staff said i would most likely not woke up i think there someone somewhere watching my back although scary to here how bad and dangerous it was this morning and i got a freind who a doc trainee in here he lent me his laptop and internet key thing

i just trying to find out something online like at time over last 2 weeks when levels drop below 9 i start shaking and crave food and am i still class as type 2 and they say i wont get off insulin but i have to belive i can that way i rule it

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I'm so glad that we were able to help you last night Tiger and, that you got to hospital. I hope you get sorted out with your medication and it can help you get back to a more normal life.

You need to confirm with the doctor if you are type 1 or 2. You can be on insulin and still be a type 2.

We're always here to help and support you.