Type 1 Help Weird After Eating

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All hoping someone can help me.

i Completed DAFNE Last week and it has had a massive effect on my blood glucose already im pretty much on target now apart from issues witht he Dawn problem.

however since the course i have had a dull pain in my upper left chest, it doesn't get worse when i breath or exercise but it does when i move in certain ways, ive put this down so far to the bad seats we had to sit in for the course.

Then Starting Yesterday evening when i eat i start to feel pretty weird bloated but also at the same time not quite right, i havnt hugely changed my diet or carb intake maybe a little extra fruit than before due to the discovery of Cherry's. i suffer from anxiety and im afraid the worry may also be making the symptoms worse, its not painful per say but it is very uncomfortable, i have tried rennies with no luck.

i tried to make an appointment with my Doctor but they wont see me until next week so i have to wait like this and it is really effecting me. does anyone have any ideas?

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you have a walk~in centre you could go to? Or phone 111? If you start to feel worse, then A&E?

Hope you feel better soon

Let us know how you get on

Smartie xx

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with smartlady
better go to see gp if not then a and e
upper left is heart
not the kind of thing you would want to delay.

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Think your gp should see you as urgent....phone surgery again even to speak to someone and advise them your contemplating a&e etc. My gp calls back when no apt available. I just say it's urgent and they have a doc who is 'on call's during surgery times, they call back without any problem

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spoke to nurse suggested not to worry as it doesn't get worse with exersize, but to go to a & e for a ECG of it would make me feel better. So I'm going to do that tomorrow. Feeling a lot more relaxed tonight no pain tonight , apart from wind when I ate dinner. Sugar levels are a little raised , still sitting under 10 though . I think it's stress and worry more than anything

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You aren't on statins are you?

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe cut back on the fruit , which can have a profound effect on the digestive system if you're not used to them. It could just be indegestion.

Now this will sound really silly!
Get someone to rub your back as if they are winding a baby they need to be quite firm and alternate between rubbing and patting. If you bring up wind and it releaves the pain it's indegestion caused by something you've perhaps added to your diet. Heart problems are not releaved by this method and it certainly won't do you any harm. Another trick is to lay on your left side bring your knees up and push your fist firmly into your abdomen and cough repeatedly, this helps to move any trapped air in the digestive system and releaves pain. Still worth having that ECG though to put your mind at ease and you never know when my tips will come in handy! Taught to me by a Surgeon many years ago and have served me well!

Hope you feel better soon!

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe cut back on the fruit , which can have a profound effect on the digestive system if you're not used to them. It could just be indegestion.

Now this will sound really silly!
Get someone to rub your back as if they are winding a baby they need to be quite firm and alternate between rubbing and patting. If you bring up wind and it releaves the pain it's indegestion caused by something you've perhaps added to your diet. Heart problems are not releaved by this method and it certainly won't do you any harm. Another trick is to lay on your left side bring your knees up and push your fist firmly into your abdomen and cough repeatedly, this helps to move any trapped air in the digestive system and releaves pain. Still worth having that ECG though to put your mind at ease and you never know when my tips will come in handy! Taught to me by a Surgeon many years ago and have served me well!

Hope you feel better soon!
Thank You! I have no Chest pain today but after eatting breakfast i feel very bloated and have a shortness of breath which im thinking is the bloating, ive taken the Rennie trapped wind, and been wondering around rubbing my stomach as it seems to help! ill get my wife to try rubbing my back tonight and that other posistion you tried. id do anything to feel normal at this point, not understanding why im feeling like this makes me really anxious hoping a doc can help.

i have a feeling it may be stress, a quick google of the symptoms it seems to line up Tense Mussels/sore chest bad stomic, and ive been finding myself sitting with my jaw tightly clenched, never realised the symptoms could be this physical

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stress goes hand in hand with unexplained symptoms so you are probably exasperating your symptoms which is perfectly normal. It's also very telling that the bloating returned soon after you started eating. stress causes excess acid in the stomach so as soon as food hits the stomach the acid and the food you ate cause the bloating. The digestive system contracts to move the food and the contractions are what cause areas of trapped wind. The exercise I described is going to help you move everything along the digestive track.

Please try my suggestion for laying flat on your left side (important because of the way the stomach empties) I have attached a picture showing where you need to press with your fist, press firmly and massage up, down , side to side you should feel instant relief, keep forcing yourself to cough.

Points (A) -- Center of Power
Location: On the midline of the body, one-half way between the base of the breastbone and the belly button. Benefits: Relieves stomach pains, abdominal spasms, indigestion, heartburn, constipation, and emotional stress such as worry and frustration that often causes digestive problems.

Points (B) -- Sea of Energy
Location: Two finger widths below the navel. Benefits: Relieves abdominal pain, lower back pain, constipation, gas, and digestive problems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 148

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rosserk thank you so much that really helped went to a&e ecg and blood puressure normal oxygen 99% blood work and x Ray fine. Going to see gp next week 're stress

Reactions: 2 people

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rosserk thank you so much that really helped went to a&e ecg and blood puressure normal oxygen 99% blood work and x Ray fine. Going to see gp next week 're stress

Brilliant! I'm so pleased, I had the identical same thing happen to me and was convinced it was my heart! The pain can be excruciating and it's hard to believe you're not having a heart attack! The Consultant was brilliant, I remember saying to him, 'why doesn't everyone know how to do this'! Lol at least now you can stop stressing about it being something more serious.

Oxygen saturations of 99% are brilliant and seldom seen outside of new born babies and athletes, a consultant also told me that! Ask your Doctor if it's ok to take fybrogel or similar which is a bulking agent, it helps alleviate pain and discomfort caused by a sluggish digestive system, not sure if it can be taken by diabetics though but I'm sure he can perscribe something similar. You can actually buy it off perscription but check first.