help

gead

:eek: can anyone help or has any one had any of the following reaction to your medication ive been type 2 for 6 months they put me on metformin 500mg twice a day .
when i was first told they said i was border line.
The problem now is that when ever i take my tablets about an hour and half later i feel light headed and dizziness, tired and mussles pains ie sore back and legs like jelly has any one else had this i would love to know :?

wallycorker

Hi gead,

The only side effects that metformin seemed to give me was the regular one relating in needing to race to the toilet. I hardly dared leave the house for quite some time! However, that eventually disappeared altogether.

Best wishes - John

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Gead these could be a side effect of the Metformin which you need to see your GP asap about. Are you also taking statins ?

gead

no i`m not on any statins only the metformin so you think it could be them they did say try and put up with it

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
This could be a serious side effect of Metformin. Please see your Doctor ASAP !

Do you test your blood sugar levels at all ?

gead

yes the last one was 6.4 then it went up to 10.2 but that was before i eat anything in the morning i`v got an appoitment on friday but i`v tried an experiment by not taking it and i did not get dizzy or light headed so i`v stopped them for now

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
gead said:
yes the last one was 6.4 then it went up to 10.2 but that was before i eat anything in the morning i`v got an appoitment on friday but i`v tried an experiment by not taking it and i did not get dizzy or light headed so i`v stopped them for now

This may not be what it is but when you see the GP ask about this:
Some people have developed a serious condition called lactic acidosis while taking metformin. Get medical help if you have any of these symptoms of lactic acidosis: weakness, increasing sleepiness, slow heart rate, cold feeling, muscle pain, shortness of breath, stomach pain, feeling light-headed, and fainting.

Probably best to stop for now till this is cleared up. Better to be on the safe side.

D

Deleted member 489048

I'm on metformin (meant to be 1000mg) a day but my body can't take it so I stick to taking 500mg a day. Second time I have informed DN of this. Now on Linagliptin too. Body is fine with it. But when I was taking two metformin I was like Wallycorker above. Can't see how the 'wildies' helps anyone. So kept my dose at 500mg of metformin.