help

salliet

Can anyone help. type 11. on metformin and gliclazide. stuck in spain due to the problems with flying.have run out of gliclazide, been to local pharmacy, they can give me 30mg x 2 once a day morning. slow release. my own prescription is 2 x 80 mg am and pm . as they dont do this in spain. if anyone can help,any information or help i would appreciate it..

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you see a doctor? - your insurance should cover it - someone else from the forum is in the same predicament read the thread below to see what others have said viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14411

sorry I can't help more - hopefully it will get sorted soon but just seen on the news no air travel until at least Monday :(

someone suggested speaking to the british consulate which is a good idea as they are very helpful - good luck

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Diamicron® MR 30 mg may be considered to be approximately equivalent in therapeutic effect to standard formulation Diamicron® 80 mg

DiamicronMR is the trade name of gliclizide slow release. So ONE 30mg tab = 80mg normal Gliclizide.
Explain this to pharmacist and ask if it is ok to take one in morning one in evening as you do with normal Gliclizide.