Help!

Smoshy_EJ

Hai!! I am 13 and a I was diagnosed in April 2011, its coming up to two years now and I have just got worse and worse to the point that in January I was rushed to hospital for checks of Ketoacidosis ( I have no idea how to spell it!) I always have high blood sugar and it never seems to go down. I also have a very sweet tooth so I have a bad snacking problem and a HB1C of about Nine. I'm being told all these scary things that will happen to me if this carries on. I would ask my mum but I have given up on trying to make her see that this is serious, even though I don't take it that seriously either, and my best friend trys hard to understand but she cant quite grasp it but its my dad who works the hardest. I keep trying but at least get about 3 off the scale of the metere's a week! I would like to know if any one else sufferer's this stupid consequence of life, namely the worst side of having T1 and also any advice! im sure I will get this soon! ( I hope)

Thanks!

Ellie :lol:

chocolatepuma

Hi I'm Alan I'm 35 and was diagnosed wen I was 6 I know it's not easy I looked after my self as a child and worked it all out myself first what the doctors say is true kidney failure eye problems neuropathy amonst other things 2 I'm on a insulin called nova rapid it is fast acting and I use it wen I need it so if a fancy a chocy bar I can do sum more insulin speak to Ur doctor about a more flexable insulin drink plenty of water or no added sugar squash this helps control Ur sugars too u will work it out u will b fine and as a wise sed to me learn from Ur mistakes and u will b gud

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I'm sorry to hear its so hard for you. Diabetes can be difficult to deal with at any age but at yours it can be especially overwhelming. I was 12 when diagnosed and I can tell you it does get easier. Have you spoken to a diabetes nurse about your concerns. It might seem daunting but they are there to help. Your dad sounds like he is in your corner so maybe you would find it easier to have him go with you for moral support. It is worth pursuing improvement both for a healthier life but also because it is easier to live with emotionally if you are in control of it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App