Help

jacko3469

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I am a diet controlled type 2 I was diagnosed. In. November .i was asleep the other night I woke up and all I wanted was something very sweet I have never had this before I was very worried as I needed something very quick please help

LittleWolf

Maybe you had a night time hypo. Did you have a heavy meal before bed? If so it could be reactive hypoglycaemia like what happened to me after a large Chinese.

Done more exercise than eating lately?

Well the only way to really know what's going on is to test :/ if your doctor won't give you one you can get a kit for £10-£15. I'm so glad I have one as a guide and reassurance. Just so you know you don't accidentally treat a false hypo and go the other way..

I really don't know much about this stuff but wanted to reply because I know what it's like to wake up shaky and nauseous and hungry and sweating etc it's scary.

Hope you feel better soon and someone with better knowledge comes along..

Hugs x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
jacko3469 said:
Hi I am a diet controlled type 2 I was diagnosed. In. November .i was asleep the other night I woke up and all I wanted was something very sweet I have never had this before I was very worried as I needed something very quick please help

I had this before I was diagnosed as T1. I wanted to eat constantly and usually sweet things! It was something to do with my body no processing the glucose and so crying out for more!

Do you test? Next time it happens you should test and see if you have a high BG.

Other than that I don't know what else it could be!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Jacko
I doubt if a diet controlled T2 would get a hypo needingf treatment, or truthfully any hypo at all. Hypos are caused by medication, not by diabetes.
I agree you should have a meter and test. You may just be adapting to a lower carb way of life and dreaming of sweet treats.
I personally allow myself a square of dark chocolate every day, which satisfies most of my sweet tooth.
Hana

LittleWolf

Get a meter! Get a meter! The only way you know for sure whats going on!

A few people on here have mentioned insulin resistant T2s DO have hypos..

I don't know what I am but I'm not on medication but have hypos as well as highs.

But in any case I think Hale is probably right but you're not going to know unless you test... Bite the bullet and you can better know how to help yourself... Good luck <3

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As hana said you should not get a proper hypo from diet controlled type 2. However it may be your body adjusying to lower levels from the change in your diet.
But, to be certain the only way would be to test to see whats happening and would advise this also.
I suffered from what I now know to be hypos for months before my diagnosis of type 1 as my pancreas went nuts trying to cope with such high levels before packing up altogether.
If you don't mind me asking how old are you and are you very overweight? As some people are diagnosed incorrectly. if you are having actual hypos then you are probably not insulin resistant (type 2)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
definitely get a meter ifc possible and do done testing to be sure

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Yosser hughes

Iv just been told am t 2 and am very worried about it as I keep getting hot swets and feel as am going to faint and am Hungary all the time plus I do like a pint will I have to stop haveing a pint now am t2