help..!

louisex34

i am a vey worried mum who is taking her little girl 2 doctors this anoon 2 be tested...she has suddenly become extremly thirsty has an increased appetiate but still lost weight....been very tired in a morning and wen she comes home from school going to the tiolet a lot more often and also waking through the night she is 5 yrs old. The othet thing is is that somenights she complain sometimes crys with pains in her feet which i have 2 massage or give her medicine and also has very itchy skin...i would be so grateful if someone could get back 2 me if they have experiance the pain in the feet as many diabetic information dont list this in there symptoms ...from a very worried mum louise xx

also a history of diabetes is in the family from my grandma but my other 3 children are ok ..!

Orchid

Hi Louise

Glad you have got an appointment with the doctors today. I have two children with diabetes, and I myself have had it since I was 9 years old.

Certainly the excessive thirst and running to the loo are classic symptoms. The doctor may do either a urine sample, a finger prick blood test or both. These tests will likely give you an immediate answer as to whether it is diabetes or not. Pity you had to wait all week for an appointment.

Please let us know how you get on.

I'll be thinking of you this afternoon.

All the best

Orchid x

louisex34

hi orchid,

Thanks so much 4 yr swift reply , i really appreciate it, did any of yr children have an increased appetiate she is of school 2 day as she was so tired this morning , she has eaten so far toast.ready brek 2 yogurts a biscuit and a choclate mousse she is always in the fridge..and she is askin wen it is dinner time...dont no if this is a symptom or just a growth spurt..but she has lost weigh around her waist..just cant wait till doctors the more i read the more symptoms she has..

i will let u know hope yr children and u are well

take care

louise xx

blackbird

Louise, the foot pain could possibly be cramp. I had the most awful cramp in my feet, particularly at night, before being diagnosed.
Hope everything goes okay at the doctors.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Louise
I wish your baby well
Each time I read something about children, I am more grateful that my daughter, son-in-law and grand daughter are all healthy.