Hey whatever happened to...

lionrampant

That lad who was type 2 and had the son who was type 1? I recall posting in a few of his threads, and given the dire advice he was getting (like the son could drink coca cola all day long), I was wondering if he still posted here? :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I just flipped back to that one and one thing I think is odd about it is that the writer refers to BG as "BM". In my experience, only medics use that term and then only those who used the old BM sticks or learned from them. I have only ever heard it used in a hospital.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
It's probable that they (in hospital)used that term and he just picked it up from them.We still use it at work,I have never worked out why and what it means.The only thing I came up with was that the old sticks were made by Bollringer Manheim (sp) but maybe there is another meaning.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I think it was Just Boehringer Mannheim. the BM sicks were pretty good, but they went out of production. I remember when my Vet brother used to get them for us( in the days when the NHS only funded urine testing) and we cut them into 2 or 3 to make them last longer

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
That's right, the Boehringer Mannheim strip was king of the hill once. The company
is now owned by Roche, and they continue to milk the diabetes cash cow for all it's worth
with their Accu-Chek range.

lionrampant

sugarless sue said:

AYE him! Looks like he hasn't posted since that thread, oh well.

timo2 said:
That's right, the Boehringer Mannheim strip was king of the hill once. The company
is now owned by Roche, and they continue to milk the diabetes cash cow for all it's worth
with their Accu-Chek range.

Hey I like my Accu-Chek :p I'd prefer it if it was some stem cells and a dna sequence, but you can't have everything in life.

sofaraway

sugarless sue said:
It's probable that they (in hospital)used that term and he just picked it up from them.We still use it at work,I have never worked out why and what it means.The only thing I came up with was that the old sticks were made by Bollringer Manheim (sp) but maybe there is another meaning.

we still use the term at work too