Hi everyone, I hope everyone is good and having a great day....hopefully not to stressed with life i

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is good and having a great day....hopefully not to stressed with life in general lol. Can anyone help with the fact that I've been told I have an enlarged spleen, could this be common with type 2, I'm wondering? I've had a chest x-ray, blood tests done, which were fine, but ultra sound picked up on a slightly enlarged spleen which will be investigated .....

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is good and having a great day....hopefully not to stressed with life in general lol. Can anyone help with the fact that I've been told I have an enlarged spleen, could this be common with type 2, I'm wondering? I've had a chest x-ray, blood tests done, which were fine, but ultra sound picked up on a slightly enlarged spleen which will be investigated .....

Hi Gerard, the reasons for an enlarged spleen can be anything from an infection, to more serious conditions.

On a more general note though, I'm not certain your thread title will give people too many ideas about your actual query, and it may be overlooked as likely being a general chat type post.

Would you like your thread title altering to be more specific about your question? I, or any other Mod could do that for you. It's absolutely fine if you prefer it to be left as it is.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

"Slightly enlarged" could just be an infection, the spleen in an interesting and very capable organ.
But it also reacts to the liver, and diabetes can affect the liver, as well as the pancreas.
All sorts of hormones come into the mix.
What sort of diet are you eating, and what is your BG and Hba1c?