1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is good and having a great day....hopefully not to stressed with life i

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by GerardSinclair, Jul 3, 2017.

1. GerardSinclair

GerardSinclair Type 2 · Member

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is good and having a great day....hopefully not to stressed with life in general lol. Can anyone help with the fact that I've been told I have an enlarged spleen, could this be common with type 2, I'm wondering? I've had a chest x-ray, blood tests done, which were fine, but ultra sound picked up on a slightly enlarged spleen which will be investigated .....

2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Hi Gerard, the reasons for an enlarged spleen can be anything from an infection, to more serious conditions.

On a more general note though, I'm not certain your thread title will give people too many ideas about your actual query, and it may be overlooked as likely being a general chat type post.

Would you like your thread title altering to be more specific about your question? I, or any other Mod could do that for you. It's absolutely fine if you prefer it to be left as it is.

3. douglas99

douglas99 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

"Slightly enlarged" could just be an infection, the spleen in an interesting and very capable organ.
    But it also reacts to the liver, and diabetes can affect the liver, as well as the pancreas.
    All sorts of hormones come into the mix.
    What sort of diet are you eating, and what is your BG and Hba1c?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook