1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

hi everyone (:

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by zoeee, Feb 28, 2011.

1. zoeee

zoeee · Member

hi everyone! i'm not very good at intros so i'll keep this short & sweet! - i've been a type 1 diabetic since i was 10 (now 19) and thought it was about time i joined a forum dedicated to it to just to get talking to some people who have it as i'm the only person i know with type 1, and in all honestly the diabetes nurses at the hospital aren't too great so it'd be nice to get some advice now and again too! and this seemed the friendliest forum so here i am!
    looking forward to talking to you all :)

2. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi I am not type 1 and I am a long way from your age ,but welcome :D
    Quite a lot of young people are members of this forum so I am sure you will get answers soon
    CAROL

3. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend

Hi Zoeee and welcome to the forum. :) You are right - this is the friendliest forum :D I can't talk to you about your experiences with Type 1 as I am a Type 2 but there are loads of Type ls on here who will come along and who will be very pleased to meet you.

You mentioned advice - I know you have been diagnosed for a long time but here's the advice we hand out to new members - you probably know most of it but perhaps you will find some of it interesting and perhaps a little bit different from what people have been telling you up to now. This is how we recommend looking after your diabetes and what we believe in on this forum.

4. Paiste

Paiste Type 1 · Active Member

Yup, hi Zoe and welcome.. can't give you any advice i'm afraid as i'm new to type 1 myself.. Nice folk on here though!

5. LauraNoraLoo

LauraNoraLoo · Well-Known Member

Hi :)

i know exactly what you mean about the DSN's, im glad im not the only one!

I was diagnosed when i was 10 and im 19 now, so thats something we have in common, maybe we could chat more :)

Laura

6. zoeee

zoeee · Member

thank you everyone! ^ yesss we should definitely chat more, it'd be nice to know someone the same age as me with it! :)

7. LauraNoraLoo

LauraNoraLoo · Well-Known Member

Where about are you from? PM me if you wish :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook