Hi Everyone

Emma6606

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Guys
I'm new :) Started off with Gestational diabetes back in 2010... injecting insulin into the bump :) Got rid of it... but piled on the weight after and it came back with a vengeance.
I was diagnosed spring of 2013 with Type 2... struggled with the Glucophage - tummy problems, dizziness... and just went into denial and gave up
Was with a nurse for a check up 2 weeks ago and advised her of my diabetes... (she is a diabetic midwife) She explained the importance of control... especially as I would like to have another baby and will plan for that in the next year or so...
So - now... I'm a fully fledged diabetic! Trying my best to control... learning what foods make me spike... so thought id sign up and chat with others and maybe learn some tips :)
Got my H1abc's back ;) at 6.5% so not really sure how bad that is but I know they want me below 6% before getting pregnant... bearing in mind the H1abc was for a time when I was off the Glucophage and over XMAS!!! :)
So - I'm going to try to bring that down now... and have no idea how difficult the road ahead will be yet!
Here goes...
xx

Diane 40

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can't stand busy crowded places!
Hi Emma!
I'm new to the forum today too! Been a type 1 diabetic since 2007, diagnosed at the grand old age of 32!
I'm on MDI and just started metformin this week, it's quite an experience!
Had lots of ups & downs since diagnosis & a surprise pregnancy which ended wonderfully with my little Benjamin born June 2008! Stay positive & know that you are doing everything you can to prevent diabetes ruling you!!! Diane x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
Hi Emma and welcome to a great site. :)