1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi from a new diabetic caused by necrotic pancreatitis

Discussion in 'Type 3c (Pancreatic) Diabetes' started by Twinkles, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Twinkles

Twinkles · Newbie

Hello everyone
    I am so delighted to find this forum.. I had acute gall stone pancreatitis two years ago. I was in hospital for two months and had a massive cyst. I dont take creon but I am now diabetic. I think this illness traumatised me! So healthy then basically so ill i was tube fed for six weeks. It is still pretty much in my head. Diabetes was the last thing I wanted to have but...ahem....here I am. Blood sugar down from 25 plus to about ten with glyclicide twice a day. Lost three stone in weight and eating more healthily than I have in my life. Feel quite down about it though and need a few success stories to remind me I can regain a life. Also realising that I actually got off lightly compared to some....shockingly horrible thing to happen to anyone. Delighted to be part of this group folks, thanks for having me

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Walking Girl

Walking Girl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. You’ve certainly landed here by the hard route. It’s understandable to be traumatized by that.

I’m a classic T2 and went from am HbAc of 11.8% to 5.9% in 3 months, and lower since then, so “lifestyle” changes can certainly make a major impact.

3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Twinkles
    Good to have you around even if that was a pretty rubbish reason for ending up here.
    Things will fade and you’ll get used to the new normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello @Twinkles Welcome to the forum :)

I think most of us were traumatised by our diagnosis, it's quite a shock to go from healthy to living with a health condition, it's been associated with the Kubler-Ross model of stages of grief: 1. Denial, 2. Anger, 3. Bargaining, 4. Depression, 5. Acceptance

Being on a forum will help as you can speak to others with a similar experience and feel supported, needless to say your not alone here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome!

You have had a rough journey up to this point. Hopefully things will settle for a bit, at least until you get a chance to adjust.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook