Hi from me - Type 1 - 51 yrs

april

Hi Everyone - and pleased to meet you all. U can see from my heading what's with me & diabetes. I have a son who is 32 & became a Type 1 a few yrs ago. We are both still really healthy which is the main thing. I hope to make some friends on here. I live in Cornwall

stabatha

Hi April, I'm also type 1 and live in Cornwall too :) . Wow thats amazing, I have only had diabetes for about 4 years but people like you give us all hope with all the negative things you hear :) It's nice to know it isn't all doom and gloom for everyone :) hope you carry on with good health :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi April and welcome to the forum :) I'm glad to hear you are both really healthy. However a bit of advice still won't come amiss even though I know you are not new to diabetes. Here is some basic information which lays out the forum monitors' ideas of looking after your diabetes which might be different from what you have heard up to now. This is what we believe in. I am sorry if I am just repeating what you already know. Here is the link to the information:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

You will find so much more information on this forum and if there is anything at all you would like to know then post a question and someone is bound to know the answer. We all look forward to getting to know you. :)

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, welcome to the forum. It's great to hear success stories like yours, here's hoping I last 51 years with diabetes too :)