hi I'm new to this forum :)

daisydewdrop

Hello, I would like to be friends with someone roughly my age with type 1 diabetes. I am 11 years old and I got diagnosed in May. I am going to high school in September and I am a bit worried about it. I would like a friend who knows what it's like to have diabetes. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
daisydewdrop said:
Hello, I would like to be friends with someone roughly my age with type 1 diabetes. I am 11 years old and I got diagnosed in May. I am going to high school in September and I am a bit worried about it. I would like a friend who knows what it's like to have diabetes. :)

Hello and welcome daisydewdrop ( that's such a cool name, and I love daisies) :thumbup:
I hope someone will be along soon to share their experiences with you,

Take care and best wishes RRB :)

Sparklez

Hi Daisy
I'm eleven as well!! I was diagnosed about a month ago but I'm having a honeymoon period ( do you know what it is? ) I will continue having it for the next year!! I would like to be your friend of that's OK?! xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

daisydewdrop

of course that's ok! i do know what one of them is, would you be willing to tell me your name but you don't have to. i'm really glad that you want me to be your friend!! :clap:

faeoj

hey I'm a lot older than you but have been through both primary school and high school with diabetes! I can say that high school is a lot different to primary because you tend have abut more freedom but it can also be scary because you haven't got your parents to help as much! if I could give you both some advice it would be be open about your diabetes the more you hide it the more the other kids will try and make an issue of it! good luck. <3

Sparklez

All my old class members know about it and my new teachers know and my sister has told her friends but some people still try and make fun of me?! One of them called me fat so I asked him how much he weighed and it turns out he is quite a bit heavier than me!! Lol

faeoj

Sparklez said:
All my old class members know about it and my new teachers know and my sister has told her friends but some people still try and make fun of me?! One of them called me fat so I asked him how much he weighed and it turns out he is quite a bit heavier than me!! Lol

there will always be someone to take the mick out of you! just think if you didn't have diabetes they would probably pick on someone else or find something different about you! kids are mean these days and you need to stand up for yourself and not let them pick on you!!! don't ever listen to anything a bully ever says to you! good luck but I'm sure you'll be fine!