Hi - I'm new!

pumpinpatsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone.

I just joined yesterday so all is a bit new to me. I am 40, have been diabetic Type 1 for 9 years, and started an Animas pump during the week. Expecting my first cartridge and cannular change tomorrow, so nervous lol.

I have a little boy who is nearly 4, and my DH and I have been trying to conceive for nearly years now for our second (I have suffered 4 miscarriages).

I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is apparently quite common for those with diabetes, though I was never prewarned about this. I've had that 2 years.

It'll be great getting to know you all and I look forward to chatting.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum ,Patsy.there are some very experienced 'pumpers' here who will answer your questions.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Good luck with the next pregnancy and looking after the "little Terror"

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hya Patsy,
Welcome to the forum :D
amanda

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
Welcome to the forum love, hope you find some good friends here - don't forget that if you have a question there are lots of smart people who should be able to give you some decent answers ... free real honest advice from other diabetics. Good luck with everything. Jx