1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi - I'm new!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pumpinpatsy, Nov 8, 2008.

1. pumpinpatsy

pumpinpatsy Type 2 · Member

Hi everyone.

I just joined yesterday so all is a bit new to me. I am 40, have been diabetic Type 1 for 9 years, and started an Animas pump during the week. Expecting my first cartridge and cannular change tomorrow, so nervous lol.

I have a little boy who is nearly 4, and my DH and I have been trying to conceive for nearly years now for our second (I have suffered 4 miscarriages).

I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is apparently quite common for those with diabetes, though I was never prewarned about this. I've had that 2 years.

It'll be great getting to know you all and I look forward to chatting.

2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

Welcome to the forum ,Patsy.there are some very experienced 'pumpers' here who will answer your questions.

3. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

Good luck with the next pregnancy and looking after the "little Terror"

4. Cameraman

Cameraman · Well-Known Member

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and is member of the NRAS Forum maybe of a little help to you?

5. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hya Patsy,
    Welcome to the forum :D
    amanda

6. Jem

Jem · Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum love, hope you find some good friends here - don't forget that if you have a question there are lots of smart people who should be able to give you some decent answers ... free real honest advice from other diabetics. Good luck with everything. Jx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook