hi new here

panjanda

Hi I'm new here and found out i had GD last week, waiting for my appointment with the dietician on wednesday.
My question is I'm finding it hard to find breakfast ideas and see eggs are recommended by a few of you, but surly you cant eat eggs for every breakfast .
So could anyone give me an example of a weeks worth of breakfasts please to give me an idea as to how to vary things.
Thank you x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Mon- Fried egg
Tues-Boiled egg
Wed-Poached egg
Thurs-scrambled egg
Fri-Omelette
Sat-eggs benedict
Sun-Cadburys creme egg

Sorry, only joking lol ! Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your news. Eggs are very good but agreed, not every day. You could try bacon, kippers, oats ( this does affect some ) or maybe some nuts and yoghurt ? For now, just test after and see what sort of foods cause you to spike. Everyone is different. Good luck ;-)

Boohoo7

Hey x when I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes which was a shock so we had to switch our whole lives around I was on metformin and insulin injections up to 4 times a day was a nightmare !!! But..... When you see your diabetic nurse at clinic she can help with ideas ;-) I ant remember too much what I had I'm pretty sure banana and eggs whole meal toast with marmite ! That kinda thing x hope all goes well xxxxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App