1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi nice to meet you

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by pheobe, Feb 20, 2011.

1. pheobe

pheobe · Member

Hi
    I am a type 2 diabetic diagnosed just over a month ago
    Thankfully my glucose levels are starting to come down but still quite high in the evening , overnight and then of course in the morning, so not sure if my meds should be increased will have to go back to the surgery.
    I have been reading the forum for a little while so thought I would introduce myself to you all.

2. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend

Hi Pheobe and welcome to the forum now that you have decided to say hello :) I think you probably know your way around by now but ask any questions you need to if you don't find what you want to know. The forum monitors have put together some basic advice for newly diagnosed diabetics. I'm not sure if you've already seen it but here is the link - I think it will help you to control your levels:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Welcome to the forum Pheobe. :)

Nigel

4. pheobe

pheobe · Member

Hi
    Thanks very much for your quick reply , yes I have read quite alot on here but will go back and most things over as there is so much to learn.

5. mtr01

mtr01 · Active Member

Welcome, im also t2 and find this forum full of usefull imfo, do as i did & take time to "check it out", i did and now follow the advise i'v found..all to my benifit. :D

6. pheobe

pheobe · Member

Thanks I will do.
    It is so nice to speak to fellow diabetics who understand what you are going through , my family are very supportive but they just do not have a clue how I feel.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook