Hi there

helenamc72

Hi,

My name is Helena, I am married to John (he's in the army), we live in Germany and we have 5 children together. Our 2yr old daughter Grace has just been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and we are at the beginning of what feels like a very steep learning curve! We are struggling to get her blood glucose to stay within the levels and she is so fussy with food she is in danger of living off a diet of salt sticks, butter keks and pasta. We have been lucky that the British Army medical service here in Germany has agreed to pay for Grace's insulin pump which I must admit makes life a bit easier in terms of administering her insulin at meal times etc. There is very little support out here for the families of serving personnel who have children with diabetes although the care that we received at the Kinderkrankenhaus Auf Der Bult in Hanover was fantastic and they are pretty geared up to work with British families but it has all been so much to take in and my head is still buzzing with everything we need to know.Would love to hear from other parents of toddlers with the condition to find out how they are coping with life. Look forward to talking to some of you. Helena Mc

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Helena.
Welcome.

There are lots of Mum's on here who will no doubt answer all your questions. Give them time they will get to you.
Meanwhile hope things get better for you, Grace and Family.

Ken

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome to the forum,
any questions u have will soon be answered, hugs to grace :D