hi

sugarfree2

been using novo mix 30 for three years does anybody else still using this seems everyone changes to different insulin have you started on novo mix and changed and what caused you to change

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I was on novomix 30 earlier this year but changed because it meant having to eat 3 times a day. Now i dont have that worry if i dont wanna eat i dont have to!

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter was first put on Novomix 30. We found it very inflexible for meal times and meal amounts, some days children aren't hungry and don't want to eat, other days they're starving and want to eat more than usual. At the time her school had two lunch sittings and they changed from one time to the other each week. The weeks that she ate at 12 was fine, but the weeks at 12.30 was too late and she was hypo by that time. It just didn't work for us. We also found that mid-afternoon my daughter was hungry coming home from school and it didn't allow her a snack at that time of day. We then introduced a novorapid injection mid-afternoon to cover the snack. We also found that breakfast wasn't covered well enough causing her to be high for too long in the morning, this meant another novorapid injection to help cover the breakfast a bit better. By this time she was taking 4 injections a day which was no better than being on basal/bolus. We then tried other insulin mixes until we eventually went to Levemir and Novorapid. Night time problems with that eventually resulted in her having the insulin pump which we're now happy with - finally something that works for us, yay!

If the Novomix 30 is working well for you and you're happy with it then don't change. It doesn't matter what other people are using, it matters what works for you. If you're finding it's not working well for you, or is too inflexible, then there are other insulins you can try. Whatever works well for you is all that matters.