High blood glucose levels

kirstyi2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,I'm just looking for some advice I'm really struggling at the moment with my blood glucose levels bring too high I haven't had them under 22 the past few days and I'm also sitting with +2 ketones ,I am insulin dependent but I have serious mental health problems and have stopped all medication and can't bring myself to take it for the time being ,I'm just wondering if there is any ways I can try reduce my sugar levels without my insulin ,thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Kirsty,

I'm sorry, but the hard, cold fact of our IDDM life is that insulin via injections (or pump) is the only way. You REALLY REALLY MUST give yourself an insulin injection ASAP: +2 Ketones!?! You'll be in A&E with Diabetic KetoAcidosis (DKA) soon if you don't - and you can die from DKA.

Do yourself, your family and friends a huge favour and get back on the drugs. If you think I don't understand what you're going through, check out some of my posts - I have the T-shirt and I am beginning to wear it with pride...

"Hi, my name is Conrad, and I am a 37-year, 24/7/365 drug addict..." :blackeye:

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kirsty
It sounds as if your having a rough time of it at the moment unfortunately you need to take your insulin and everyone on here will agree with this. It's really dangerous not to take it. When I first got diagnosed I thought I could deal with it and with in a few months I was close to being admitted in to hospital due to having high keytones and now I'm on insulin like your self it's not the best thing in the world to take but it's keeping us alive. However if you eat healthy you may be able to reduce the amount of insulin you take over time.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App