High Blood Pressure and cold feet - CURED

witan

My blood pressure has probably always been high and I have been struggling to keep my Doctor/DNS happy that I can do something about it that doesn't require yet another medication regime.
I did a quick BP check at the surgery when going for my pre-check up blood tests and got a result of 149/91 so was motivated to check out what could be done. They had mentioned Calcium Channel Blockers (CCB) so when researching that I found that Magnesium supplements could act as a natural CCB, although there were lots of different opinions on what form of magnesium was best.
Anyway the chemist only had Magnesium Orotate so I had little choice - I have been taking these (one a day)since November 20th and went for the check-up today with a result of 130/80, the lowest I think I have ever been.
The amazing thing is that this time last year I was a freezing cold shivering wreck for the whole winter, that also seems to have improved, feet that were never warm seem quite comfortable again.
It is possible that many people are deficient in Magnesium, even with a reasonable serum level this may not be making it through to the cellular level, so as well as an oral supplement bathing in Epsom salts is also recommended. the good thing is that there seems little risk in using it other than diarrhea if you take too much.
I know there have been other posts about magnesium usage in the past, and I am always skeptical, but this certainly seems to have worked for me - has anyone else tried it? Perhaps the NHS should be recommending this as a first stage of treatment as it would be much cheaper than the expensive drugs they prescribe.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I take magnesium citrate, 3 x 150mg daily, and it certainly seems to help with my BP. Can't say it's cured my cold (to the touch) feet, though :crazy: .

As you say, Witan, it doesn't have any side-effects unless you OD on it, when it simply goes straight through you. Why the NHS don't use it is beyond me. :roll: For expectant mothers with pre-eclampsia, I believe they give magnesium intravenously to lower the BP, so you might think they'd try it on others.

Viv 8)

witan

There is probably too much vested interest in selling expensive drugs that lower BP and create all sorts of other problems that might need even more expensive drugs to put right!
When I've finished my first 30 tablets I'm going to try just bathing in Epsom Salts once or twice a week to see if that maintains the reduction, at only £3.50 for a huge bag (can't remember the weight right now unfortunately) it must be the lowest cost method and means no extra tablets to take!
With the NHS trying to reduce costs surely this makes sense or is the conspiracy theory true after all!