High Bloods Aahhh!!

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys,
Well I've just found out I'm pregnant after almost a year of trying. My HB1C is 9 so as u can imagine I'm unbelievably concerned. My levels have been off the radar high the last 2 weeks and I'm trying my best to adjust insulin to lower them, but I'm having no luck!! I'm so scared, any advice?!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: High Bloods Aahhh!!

Hi huni

Congrats at the wonderful news. First of all Don't Panic!! Can you give us a little info? Type, meds, weeks gone? Loooooong time since I was pregnant,lol, & not diabetic then either.
Sure someone will be along soon to give you some advice & share their experiences

Smartie xx

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did u manage to get your hba1c down? I remember in my third tri I was on something like 4 times the insulin I was than when i started

pump69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The biggest things that helped me were cutting down carbs & doing aerobic exercise most days (20-30 mins is enough as long as it gets you out of breath & sweaty!). Burgeon bread only has 12g carbs per slice & if I have 1 slice for breakfast with lots of peanut butter, it fills me up! Good luck!

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys,
Well I've just found out I'm pregnant after almost a year of trying. My HB1C is 9 so as u can imagine I'm unbelievably concerned. My levels have been off the radar high the last 2 weeks and I'm trying my best to adjust insulin to lower them, but I'm having no luck!! I'm so scared, any advice?!

Hello,

Many congratulation that you are pregnant and please take utmost care of your pregnancy. Take doctors diagnosis time to time..

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys,

Congratulations on the pregnancy.

Please visit your doctor/diabetic clinic and inform them of your pregnancy. I am sure that yours will not be the first diabetic pregnancy they have come across and they will be able to provide you with the support you need,

Do not panic, stay positive and follow their advise and I am sure that everything will be fine.

So speaks a male, who has obviously never been pregnant himself and when his non-diabetic wife was pregnant used to stay up all night worrying before each and every ultrasound scan! :)

Do not follow my example, do not worry so much but do follow medical advice to keep your sugars in check!

Best wishes

Pavlos

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This post is olllld, I'm 4 & a half months now & things r going as well as they can at present!! Scan on Monday to make sure baby is well & of course, I'll get to know what the little tinker is!! :D The nerves r kicking in as they do at every scan but I'm uber excited!! :D :D I know baby is still thriving well as I'm growing by the minute & the morning sickness is still with me....so feeling optimistic!!

Reactions: 2 people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exciting!! How are your bloods? Do you inject or are you on a pump? I'm 24+4 and this past week my bloods have all gone up again it's driving me mad but I think I'm getting there, I'm on a pump now (as of 3 weeks ago) and its base my life so much easier!! Good luck for your scan x

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I inject at the moment, my bloods have been really good since I have gotten used to carb counting. I had a CGMS in a couple of weeks ago as I was going to bed between 4-7 but waking up on the higher side 10-13. Turns out I get the "dawn phenomenon" around 6am every morning, so I now have to get up at 6.15 every morning and inject 4 units fast acting to bring it down again. Just started it yesterday so if I can get that right then it'll be great. Don't worry about your bloods changing for no reason as long as you look after yourself and they keep on top of the changes you'll be fine, it's to be expected with the constant hormonal changes you're going through!! It's hard but it's worth it!! I clearly have baby brain as I turned up to the wrong appt on Monday so I missed it :( I have another on Friday, so fingers crossed I get the right one this time!! :I