High Fat diet

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all, I have been on the high fat for only 4 days now, no breaks and no carbs, i followed a link showing what were good and bad things- omg, I can't believe I was told to eat sweet potato! anyway, i just wanted to share that this morning my reading was 7.2!! that honestly is a milestone for me, just a little further to go, i can't believe it though i have had the worst headache i have had for ages now, my bp is ok and i'm not going potty which is a plus :)

Reactions: Goonergal

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, drink LOTS and make sure you’re getting enough salt, magnesium and potassium, whether by supplements or food.

good result on the bg! Nice one :D

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I done a test strip tonight due to funny wee and i'm now producing ketones and am in between 2nd and 3rd spot, this is ok isn't it

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If your blood glucose is low then ketones should not be a problem - have you read the stuff Dr Atkins wrote about doing a fat fast?

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
LCHF is great, and had a huge impact for me as well. BUT like as with anything, it does take discipline and determination so keep at it and keep your eye on the prize.Really well done.

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
i have not read any of the atkins diet, i was following what people on here have had success with.. my blood sugars today were 6.8 so even lower than yesterday- omg! though the test strip reading last night showed my glucose to be quite high in the olive green area so i'm unsure what is what right now. my BP was high this morning but have taken my tablet for that, i drank water with acv in last night and feel a lot calmer in my waterworks, shall have some more today :)

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I thought i would add i used the Econo Test strips, made by Farla with 8 parameters, I believe i may have bought them from Farla.
econo1.jpg

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah - you'll be a lot better off with a glucose meter - far easier to see small improvements with one of them.
It seems incredible that Dr Atkins was advising about low carb eating and the effect on the body fifty years ago and treated thousands of patients, yet methods he perfected are still not widely known.

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I do have a blood test meter, actually i think i have about 5 of them, i have no idea but the surgery keeps changing suppliers! i'm using a Finetest lite right now but have all the caresens ones too :/ Yes I have heard of it but never actually went into it all only i don;t really like to read that much due to waiting for an eye op.