High glucose levels

kirstyi2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having problems with my glucose levels at the moment tonight I'm running at 28.1 that's after 44 units levemir and 24 units of novorapid about 40 mins ago I know the levemir is the long acting one and takes a lot longer to work feeling really rubbish with them being so high don't want to bother the hospital or anyone does anyone have any advice on what I should do ,thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If the sugars don't start dropping soon I don't think you will have any choice but get medical help

Sent from my iPad

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm glad you got medical advice. Hope your feeling better.

Sent from my iPad

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Kirsty, I'm type 2 insulin dep but am on humalogmix so not the same as you. Your levels are very high aren't they. What's your diet like?

kirstyi2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are very high and have been running between 20 and 30 for weeks now I just keep getting told to increase my insulin but the nurse I spoke to last night thinks there must be an under lying issue to make them so high ,my diet isn't great as I have coeliac disease as well but most days I do have 3 meals

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I bet you feel rotten with levels that high! , plus coeliac too, you've got a lot to cope with. Do you limit your carbs?

kirstyi2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I do sometimes worse then others ,it is a lot I've got a few other health problems on top ,most days I do try to limit what carbs I take but there's other when I don't bother

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
If you're on multiple meds they could well be causing problems. I'm sorry, I can't be of much help.
Carb control works for me. I've been doing it since last October and have got my numbers down from 20s to an average of 5.6. However, I'm not coeliac, though don't eat grains because they cause me to have diarrhoea, and I'm aware that since my levels are better, my mood has improved heaps. I do hope your nurse can help you sort yourself out.
Take care love and stay in touch
Geri :)x