1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

High levels after meals

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by chl0ejasmine, Jul 2, 2015.

1. chl0ejasmine

chl0ejasmine Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all

I keep having high levels of about 11/12 after meals despite carb counting correctly and giving more insulin than needed in fact, do I need to give more novorapid or give more lantus?

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Does you bg levels return to normal before you next eat, if they do then you might want to think about injecting ahead of your food to reduce the postprandial spike.

3. chl0ejasmine

chl0ejasmine Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@noblehead It's like yesterday it was 6.2 before dinner than 9.8 before bed even though I only ate chicken and vegetables for dinner.. I don't really understand

4. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Probably best to do a basal check first, if you find your bg levels don't budge much then your I:C ratio needs to reviewed, if your bg levels do go up in the absence of food then your lantus needs adjusted.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook