Higher than my usual BG numbers

Dippy3103

Hi,

I am a fairly newly diagnosed T2.

My BG is normally in the 8's or 9's but over the past few days i have started having levels of 12 plus. I am diet only and do feel off colour and very tired, but not too awful.

I realise that levels in the 12's are not that high for some folks, but they are for me. My HB1AC last month was 6.4, which (to me with my limited knowledge) suggets 12 is much higher than i normally am. Does anyone have any advice? Should i make an appointment with my GP? Seems rather unfair seeing as i have lost nearly 2 stone since diagnosis....

Thanks in advance.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Have you changed your routine recently?

Eating different foodstuffs or drinking stuff you haven't done before?

It does seem strange if it's going in the wrong direction if your routine hasn't changed.

I've been doing some things recently which TBH feel like little cheats. :oops: Things like drinking the juice of a freshly squeezed grapefruit and squeezing lemon juice on my food every day. I've also started drinking again; just either red wine or whisky. My BG has been under 7.0 each time I've checked it over the weekend, including 3 times today.

These little things seem to be working for me so you may wish to give them a try.

Oops, I don't know your age, so maybe not the booze......... :p

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
High sugars can often be because your poorly or start of a virus...

12 isn't high for me as its not unusual for me to have spikes in the 20's!!! but if its high by your standards then it's high :eek:)

when my sugar is high i take the doggy for a walk or some small exercise to help lower it, any change in diet and even stress can affect your levels so any changes or difference in life style could be the cause...

but try not to worry too much as a HBA1C of 7% is good so im sure your levels should go back to how they normally are :)