Hip Replacement

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got the long awaited phone call yesterday telling me to report to hospital at 7am on Thursday 14th August for my hip replacement operation . I cannot believe it's finally happening . Hope to be our the following Sunday if all goes well so will keep you posted will be interesting to see what my BS does after the op .

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it goes well.

It transformed my mothers life. :happy:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That what if am hoping for too . I am 64 so hopefully a few years left in me yet ! Thanks

Ma had hers done in 2001, aged 64, I think. Was out of the country for a few months, so didn't see her around the time of the op, but when I got back she was zipping around visiting gardens, national trust properties, shopping trips... Hasn't looked back since.

Hope it is as good for you!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Connie, at last! I'm so pleased for you. My mum was 72 when she had hers done and it did transform her life too. I'll be thinking of you on the 14th and in the following days too.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks so much Zand you know I have been waiting for this phone call so maybe I will leave the ice cream alone now ! Busy making sure hubby has enough to survive on whilst i am in hospital can't wait for it to be over and I can get back to walking the dogs etc things we take for granted.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My Mother had her first hip replacement when she was 59 and it did totally transform her day to day life and she was 72 ish when she had the other one done. Sadly life has caught up with her now and at almost 85 she is very frail but the operations definitely gave her another 20 years of good life.
Wishing you a successful operation and speedy healing.

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning Connie. I just want to say I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope all goes smoothly for you
xx

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Zand be so glad to get it over with. Hope your back is improving and you hot some relief from the chiropractor . Will let you know how it goes tomorrow x

C

chris lowe

That's great news, good luck for tomorrow. Keep us up to date on your progress :nurse:

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Chris . I will post as soon as I am able to let you know how it went.

C

catherinecherub

Looking forward to the new you Connie. Constant pain is so draining.
All the best for tomorrow.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Soooooooo jealous still waiting for mine, good luck. get well soon.