Holidays - Where R U Going?

CSW

Hi Guys,

I need some sun and it's unlikely I'm going to get any this year - unless my lottery numbers win! So, where is everyone going on their hols? I want to try and get back to Portugal so fingers crossed every wednesday and saturday!!!

8)

sami

hi im going to france for a week in june we love it there 8)

sami
just found out
HbA1c 7.7

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
March - Egypt
October - Herefordshire
December - Switzerland

toeless2

Im going to Benidorm in June, and i phoned for insurance and told the halifax all my medical history(yes it was a long phonecall)and they sent me,my husband and my little girl a quote for £40, we checked i was fully covered as this seemed too good to be true. When i phoned to take out the policy they told my it had suddenly jumped to £85 i complained and they honoured the £40 and we're all fully covered.
We've also got a caravan in lincolnshire where we go most weekends and school holidays

chocoholic

Not sure yet.I enter lots of consumer competitions and have not paid for a holiday abroad for many years.If I don't win a holiday abroad,I'm usually lucky enough to win a few short breaks each year in the U.K. So, this year....who knows....it's good fun not knowing where we'll go next.
It is my ultimate dream to win a trip to New Zealand but that has eluded me so far. If I don't win that by the time hubby retires, we'll hopefully be able to treat ourselves and go anyway.

Willemse

April - Canada (Wife's special birthday celebration, need I say more)
August - EU (Touring Belgium, germany and France on my Harley)
November - maybe Florida (Last minute sunshine!)

Hank
T2 hba1c 7.8

jeannieb

i am off to spain with my husband 28th this month for 4 weeks to visit my daughter and son and grandkids looking forward to that only see them once a year

Planning to take my Mum (visiting me in Germany from Australia) to Salzburg for a long weekend in June, and if work and finances permit a quick trip downunder for a summer Christmas on the beach.

CSW

Wow - you guys get around don't you [:p]
I'm noticing some of you have three holidays a year you lucky so and so's. And now I am going to become the queen of holiday quiz competitions to be certain I will get somewhere this year!
Keep it coming :D

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Yes Christine, but I am nearly twice your age so have had longer to save up!!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Lucky lot! looks like I'll be all alone on the forum in holiday season!

Knowledge is the key to control

Tormod

Caravan in Gt Yarmouth early April

Summer - depends on money and weather - if we get a scorcher, I'll be in UK camping. Fingers crossed

Addy

I'm not going anywhere abroad this year but me and my little bro went on a tanzanian safari a couple of years ago and it was great.

...falling is not the problem, it's when you land...

loopyloo

very jelous of all you guys off on your exotic hols!
I'm goin to charmouth, (Dorset) on saturday, for the half term, fossil hunting.
Me, my husband, two small children and two whippets huddled in a mazda bongo campervan.
Judging by the weather forcasts - hypothermia should set in bout 11pm sat night!
must be crazy [:p]

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Loopy,

One of the most enjoyable and memorable holidays we ever had was taking the kids fossil hunting along the Dorset coast. We hunted around the Lyme Bay area and found hundreds of fantastic specimens. The kids loved it and still recall it with fond memories 25 years later.

loopyloo

Thanks for that Dennis,

Can't wait really and feeling very excited - just hope I survive the weather, just tried our propex heater and its not working!
[:0]

CSW

Loopy Loo that sounds fab! I spent a lot of time in Cornwall on Holidays as a child and I loved it!

Dennis - I look forward to having many holidays in the future! Three quick questions:
What age will I start to definately get a holiday each year?
What age will I get two holidays a year?
What age will I get three holidays a year? ;)