1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

holland and barrett

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by heli2010, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Kyambala

Kyambala Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello Carol. I'm glad you have such a good Doctor.

2. Tirianne

Tirianne Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I know that at my next GP appointment I'm going to be asked yet again why I'm not taking statins. The problem as they see it is because my cholesterol has steadily risen since being diagnosed type 2 in June 2015 from 3.7 to 5.00. I'm trying to follow LCHF and have lost 25Kilos and HbA1c has gone down from 84 to 38..!!!!!!! but it's this cholesterol reading that's 'bothering them... I did put my results (LDL 2.39, HDL 2.1 Triglyceride 1.11) in to an online calculator to look at the ratios and the results came back as 'Ideal'....
    How do I resist the constant pressure for medication or how can I lower my cholesterol myself...? Any thoughts...?

• Hug Hug x 1
  3. Kyambala

Hello Tirianne. I don't know the answer to your problem but try looking up diet doctor.com. If I remember right,that website had some good advice on the subject.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deespee23

Deespee23 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

(Ahem!) - Getting back to the topic of Holland & Barrett, last week they were doing "Bare Naked Noodles" on their second item for 1p promotion - I bought a goodly supply as a result!

5. BrianTheElder

BrianTheElder Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi. I have just agreed with my doctor to stop statins altogether. Your HbA1C and lipids look fine to me and are very comparable with mine. As long as you have nothing else wrong and your blood pressure is OK, in your shoes I would carry on refusing. It's just a matter of preference of your GP's practice. Change GP if you're not happy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbr10

dbr10 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think those numbers are good, aren't they?

7. Tirianne

Tirianne Type 2 · Well-Known Member

OK - I take your point and can always start a new thread as we seem to be going 'off topic"...... it's just that the subject had come up and I thought I'd ask for some help.
    So thank you to the 3 lovely people for sharing thoughts with me and I'll follow up on your advice. xx

8. Kyambala

As a Type 2 in my seventies and wish to buy a Free Style Libre do I have to pay VAT?

9. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Are you a british citizen qualifying for a state pension?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Kyambala

Thanks for replying "ickihun". Yes I am a British Citizen receiving a State Pension.

11. Scouser58

Scouser58 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello,,I love H&B's penny sale,,,money goes a long way on these promotions,,and when the things you want are expensive and the second one is 1p then happy days,,,ttfn from karen.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook