Home remedy for diabetes

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
In India there are a number of herbal treatment options to treat/control diabetes . These are called home remedies. Wondering whether anybody has tried such treatments. Would be helpful to others if shared.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In India there are a number of herbal treatment options to treat/control diabetes . These are called home remedies. Wondering whether anybody has tried such treatments. Would be helpful to others if shared.
Hi, Kaha. have you got a "blood glucose meter"?
You may find this link helpful. Herbal and Natural Remedies for Diabetes
Most of us members treat our diabetes with different types of diets that are helpful to our individual needs.
For example I am on a vegan type diet, there is the Newcastle and many others including the popular diet that @NoCrbs4Me has mentioned .
Whatever you do, please take your time to read through the good and bad points to ensure you get good control.

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
There are a few on here, cinnamon, (apple/cider?) vinegar, if I remember, are a couple I think.

edit, didn't spot the link from izzzi, but I eat a fair amount of garlic, and okra personally.

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
Has anybody used Fenugreek seeds?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Has anybody used Fenugreek seeds?

Strange you should mention that one, I was reading through the list of izzzi link, and that was one I thought I would add to my diet, (when I start eating real food again :) )

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like cinnamon and tried upping the amount I usually use, but it just gives me bad nose bleeds if I take much more than a sprinkle.. It's one of a list of foods, herbs and spices that are know to thin blood, but the only one that I'm aware of that affects me. Apparently "cinnamon" nosebleeds are not unusual - according to Google!

However like NoCrbs4Me, find that my low carb higher fat diet wiorks wonders.

Robbity

mantishugo

BANNED
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Diet only
I have heard that consuming Gooseberry Juice and Bitter gourd Juice help a lot in controlling Diabetes. Lots of Indians and Asian believe in this home remedy.

K

Kat100

I have eaten a lot of the herbs and spices mentioned on this thread , including bitter gourd ..
As a veggie it can be turned into a nice meal .. Depending how it's cooked .. Depends on taste ..
I love trying different foods from around the world ..

But I did this long before I was diabetic ..

I am not saying there is not evidence though , it is a very .. Interesting subject ... Very interesting ..
Some people use supplements in diets .. So I for example might use bitter gourd , cinnamon etc .. And tumeric ... A great believer in its health properties ...
Not much different to the coconut oil , and the 101 things it can and can't do .. A trend at the moment ..
Reminds me , I must use it as a moisturiser cream .. And try it on my hair ...

I have fenergreek seeds in my cupboard and also the powder ... Have used for years ...

Love hearing about different foods ... Best wishes .. Kat edited to add I do take medication ... Etc

Last edited:

mantishugo

BANNED
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to put up a question here, it is a little off topic though but still related to Diabetes. I have heard about some people who claim that they used to live a healthy lifestyle, eating fruits green vegetables and doing lots of physical activities to stay fit. But despite what they did for their good health, they still got Diabetes. o_O Can anybody explain me why?

K

Kat100

I want to put up a question here, it is a little off topic though but still related to Diabetes. I have heard about some people who claim that they used to live a healthy lifestyle, eating fruits green vegetables and doing lots of physical activities to stay fit. But despite what they did for their good health, they still got Diabetes. o_O Can anybody explain me why?
Sadly no , so many causes possibly causes ... All different ...

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables

Part of the problem is what is considered a "healthy" diet. If the government recommended healthy diet of high carb (45-60% of calories; lots of bread/pasta etc) and low fat is followed, that can lead to type 2 diabetes.

mantishugo

BANNED
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Diet only
My father has Diabetes and so I'm afraid I will get it too at later stages in life. Despite eating healthy food which are good for preventing diabetes (such as Noni Juice, Bitter Gourd, Gooseberry etc), I'm afraid I will get it someday. :nailbiting: