Host and Learn Spanish-English Language

Jesus Spain

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who do not respect others
Hello, I'm interested in hosting teenagers to learn spanish language with td1 and vice versa. I think would be more safe for families with a td1 teen. We could know before and share our information about their behavior or hobbies. Thanks and sorry for my english language level.

Reactions: 2 people

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think what Jesus Spain is suggesting is that for a teenager with type 1 diabetes, it might be easier / more enjoyable to do exchange visits with families that also include teenagers with type 1 diabetes than with families with no experience. Visits are in addition to, not instead of, classes

Creo que Jesús es lo que sugiere que sería más fácil / más agradable para los adolescentes con diabetes tipo uno a tener visitas de intercambio con las familias en que los adolescentes con diabetes tipo uno, en vez de ir a las familias que no tienen experiencia de la condición. Las visitas son , además de las clases, no en su lugar.

Jesus Spain

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think what Jesus Spain is suggesting is that for a teenager with type 1 diabetes, it might be easier / more enjoyable to do exchange visits with families that also include teenagers with type 1 diabetes than with families with no experience. Visits are in addition to, not instead of, classes

Creo que Jesús es lo que sugiere que sería más fácil / más agradable para los adolescentes con diabetes tipo uno a tener visitas de intercambio con las familias en que los adolescentes con diabetes tipo uno, en vez de ir a las familias que no tienen experiencia de la condición. Las visitas son , además de las clases, no en su lugar.

Thanks, this that I mean. I don't undertand quite well that Galja said. But now I think that you said is the idea. Thanks again

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was trying to say that every single person has a struggle. You have type 1 diabetes, someone else maybe type 2, someone else bad eyesight, someone else not so greatg a brain

I don't think @Jesus Spain 's intention was to discount anyone else's challenges, but he has experience in looking after a child/teenager with type 1, his teenager has probably expressed a desire to go on a language exchange to England but Jesus doesn't want to entrust the care of his type 1 teenager to a family with no experience so thought that a good way he could feel confident in his son perhaps going abroad alone for the first time would be to try to arrange an exchange with another type 1 family - which would explain why his offer was so narrow - of course, I could be extrapolating rather a lot given the language barrier. It makes sense to me. Apart from I probably wouldnt send my child to stay with anyone off an Internet forum!

Jesus Spain

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is that I wanted to meant. At first only know families with the same intent.