How can I gain weight

geoffry

I was diagnosed with daibetes last September and after a lot of pushing, eventually saw a consultant who confirmed I was a lada. I have always beem very slim and struggled to put weight on and before diagnosis, was about 10 st 12, which was heavy for me.Don't get me wrong, I like food etc, I simply don't put weight on much. However with the diagnosis and esp the metformin (awful nausea at first) I initially I lost a lot of weight and am now 9 st 6 lbs and cannot gain weight .they don't want to change the meds as things are only just under control.But the weight loss and how it makes me feel and look is not making me feel good. What can I eat that will help but not shoot my levels up? They feel my levels have stabilised out enough now for the diabetes not to cause further weight loss but I still cannot put the weight back on. Any ideas?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there
I am a skinny type 2 DB but I limit my carbs and have no other health problems so my recomendations may not suit you ,but I snack on nuts eat lots of cheese full fat plain yoghurt a little very dark chocolate and add a few pulses to my home made soups which I also add full fat cream to Avocados are also good .I eat lots of butter and cook with olive oil.Hope this helps a little
CAROL