Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hiya mate, can't delete your account but I can ban it if you don't wish to return.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Click the envelope button at the top right of the screen and then click start new conversation :)

cristis

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A kind reminder to some veterans here: let it also be a "most helpful and pleasant place" for newcomers as well. Do not immediately jump up to conclusions, call people names or make things up when you don't get a message.

And yes, calling someone "ignorant" just because he is relatively new to diabetes is just rude.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Btw how do I change my avatar? It is getting boring now. Nice to get a refreshed avatar once in a while.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I have sign up to the Diabetes Mafia. How do you delete an account

Rickib - If you would like your account deleted, just drop me a note.

Sometimes on joining the place can be a bit overwhelming, as there are so many posters responding to most threads/comments, but in time one sort of gets used to that.

As I say, if, on reflection, it's not for you, we can help you out.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A kind reminder to some veterans here: let it also be a "most helpful and pleasant place" for newcomers as well. Do not immediately jump up to conclusions, call people names or make things up when you don't get a message.

And yes, calling someone "ignorant" just because he is relatively new to diabetes is just rude.
Please report such events to the Moderators

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm sorry to read your comment about someone being called ignorant - that's disgraceful. As @walnut_face says, please report it to the Mods if that is the case. I haven't been on here long but I haven't seen rudeness of that order, quite the opposite. Perhaps I've just missed comments such as that.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is absolutely ridiculous that someone cannot delete their own account and leave the group if they want to but have to ask to have their account deleted. Surely that is our right to delete our own account. Why do they make it so difficult here.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Why do they make it so difficult here.
I think it's like this on a number of different forums, I know I'm a mod for some forums and even the mods don't have access to delete accounts, only admins do - it may be permission based set up by the admins or it may just be a limitation of the exact forum that is used.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Btw how do I change my avatar? It is getting boring now. Nice to get a refreshed avatar once in a while.

Keesha - Click on your account (your name at the top right hand side of the screen), and from there you will see your avatar displayed, with instructions how to change it.

I hope that helps.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's like this on a number of different forums, I know I'm a mod for some forums and even the mods don't have access to delete accounts, only admins do - it may be permission based set up by the admins or it may just be a limitation of the exact forum that is used.
Yes I think you are right that it is set up by how the admins want it When I ran a group our members had the option to delete their membership if they wanted to that was their choice and how I set it up

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Keesha - Click on your account (your name at the top right hand side of the screen), and from there you will see your avatar displayed, with instructions how to change it.

I hope that helps.

It only gave me the option to reset passwords, change passwords and update email. The avatar was not displayed with instructions on how to change it. I have a feeling only the moderator has the ability. Thanks anyway for trying to help. I will just leave it as it is.

Reactions: DavidK59