how do you feel AFTER a hypo

paula1974

When I have a hypo, which is not often, I feel fine afterwards. However the last 2 times, I have felt awful for most of the day. For example, I had a hypo at 1030am today. I dealt with it pretty quick and my bs was soon up to 6.2. It is now gone 3pm and I still don't feel right. I feel very weak, and my arms and legs feel really heavy. I also feel extremely tired.
Do people often feel like this AFTER a hypo?

Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being woken up early :(
Tired , drained, irritated and on edge
:( xxx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Usually feel fine and much the same as I did before, always felt rough after hypo's when taking animal insulins for some strange reason, usually ended up with a banging headache.

It all depends on how low you go and how fast you get there, slow onset hypo's caught early a less likely to leaving you feeling awful afterwards than one that has come on suddenly and bg is dropping fast, as in not taking into account exercise after eating a meal and bolusing.

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I feel really **** for hours after a hypo. I usually feel really drained and have a banging headache. If I hypo during the night then I feel awful most of the next day and feel really tired and hungry. Luckily it doesn't happen often but it's awful when it does.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App