1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How do you know if you are LADA ( T1.5)?

Discussion in 'Type 1.5/LADA Diabetes' started by Elenas, Mar 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Expert

They might be less starchy than the things you’ve eliminated but they definitely do have starch and carbs. Too many for some of us. Manageable levels for others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lisa69free

Lisa69free · Well-Known Member

This is a very informative thread, thank you. I am a recently diagnosed T1er and I feel I've been losing weight for about a year before getting sick. Rushed into ICU with very high BS acidic blood that they asked if I had any anti freeze and had I been depressed. Started with panic highs, basal altered and now getting hypos

3. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

White bread?
    Brown bread is also full of carbohydrates.
    Is this, perhaps, referring to eating Low GI rather than low carbohydrate?

4. Madisons

Madisons · Active Member

My mother had a teleconference with her endo today, reviewing her bloods. She had ordered a c-peptide test and it showed that levels were very low so it confirmed that my mother had LADA or T1.5 as she was diagnosed only as an adult at 27 years old after giving birth to my brother and she was put on insulin shots right away, and it eventually became full blown T1. I am so stressed that this is why my A1C is showing prediabetes because i probably have the same condition LADA. I looked up some of the articles on LADA on this site. We also both have hypothyroidsm so that's also an immune attacking disease, and we are not overweight. So whatever I do, change my diet, exercise, etc..will not change anything, it's bound to strike me, guess I had an extra 20 some years before the A1C blood sugars started to rise and now finally hit borderline...just in time for fun perimenopause! I just can't breathe at times. yesterday i thought i was going to suffocate while trying to sleep but only nightmares. No sleep causes even more stress to blood sugars and whatever else it's doing to my body. i'm so stressed that I feel the nodule in my left breast getting even bigger. I'm also afraid to take the anti-depressants that the GP prescribed. I'm a total mess since my mother relies on me as her caregiver (all doctors, prescriptions, etc...), but how can I deal with all of that when I can't even take care of my own self.

5. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Unfortunately you'd find that my meter disagrees with you about most of those foods - I spike quite high after eating even modest amounts of legumes.
    I only buy one pumpkin a year as they are not seen here all that often - I did think of growing some in the garden, as I can just about cope with it.

6. squiggle1

squiggle1 Type 2 · Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook