How it has affected to drink a lot of WATER to your GLUCOSE (Hydration / Dehydration)

Jiro

Hello everyone !

I wanted to ask you if you have observed changes in your Glucose by drinking a lot of water

Most newspaper articles I have read speak a lot about the importance of drinking a lot of water if you are diabetic; but there are other articles that say that it is not good because many minerals are left in the urine

Anyway, the question is: Have you noticed changes in your glucose better when you drink a lot of water during the day? It is said that you have to drink between 10 and 12 glasses of water a day, for example. I am still drinking moderately but I wanted to see other opinions

Thank you all for reading and commenting
upload_2019-10-13_10-48-28.gif
!

M

Member496333

Can’t say that it’s something I have ever paid much attention to, so couldn’t say if excess water consumption reduces blood glucose. I suppose it’s plausible to a small degree, particularly if you’re already spilling glucose into urine, but if that’s the case then you have bigger problems than where your next glass of water is coming from.

Personally I eat when I’m hungry and drink when I’m thirsty. I certainly don’t believe in meeting targets for mealtimes and water consumption, as it’s not how animals are supposed to function.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Drink to thirst.

Be aware that one can drink too much and this can have an adverse effect on one's blood pressure.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I personally go for the approach of not putting more glucose in my system than it can cope with in the first place.
Drinking loads of water to get my blood sugar down or indeed exercising after eating as some people do is just not an approach I would consider, but that’s just me :)

Reactions: Jiro

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Speaking as someone with type 1, it doesn't work for me..
It would certainly replace any fluid lost as the body attempts to evacuate any excess blood sugar in the urine. But that would be just a vicious cycle with prolonged high blood sugars.
Careful use of exogenous insulin complimenting food intake is the sensible aproach.

Then drink to requirements regarding replacing what fluid is lost naturally..

Do you have any links to these news articles @Jiro ?

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The important thing is not to be high in the first place, I think.

Reactions: Jiro

Jiro

I personally go for the approach of not putting more glucose in my system than it can cope with in the first place.
Drinking loads of water to get my blood sugar down or indeed exercising after eating as some people do is just not an approach I would consider, but that’s just me :)
Drink to thirst.

Be aware that one can drink too much and this can have an adverse effect on one's blood pressure.
Can’t say that it’s something I have ever paid much attention to, so couldn’t say if excess water consumption reduces blood glucose. I suppose it’s plausible to a small degree, particularly if you’re already spilling glucose into urine, but if that’s the case then you have bigger problems than where your next glass of water is coming from.

Personally I eat when I’m hungry and drink when I’m thirsty. I certainly don’t believe in meeting targets for mealtimes and water consumption, as it’s not how animals are supposed to function.

Hello ! Thank you for your answers !

In my case, I'm drinking a lot of water right now, although I don't notice any effect. But I think I will continue drinking to check the effects of drinking water inside me
Anyway, I heard diabetics get dehydrated more easily due to glucose. Although I don't know if this will be a truth or a lie. Maybe there is someone on the forum that can write more info about this. It would be interesting to learn more !

Anyway, thanks for your time responding again and I wish you luck with your Diabetes too :)

Jiro

Hi,

Speaking as someone with type 1, it doesn't work for me..
It would certainly replace any fluid lost as the body attempts to evacuate any excess blood sugar in the urine. But that would be just a vicious cycle with prolonged high blood sugars.
Careful use of exogenous insulin complimenting food intake is the sensible aproach.

Then drink to requirements regarding replacing what fluid is lost naturally..

Do you have any links to these news articles @Jiro ?

This is the info I found on Internet ! I think is interesting, although we need more info about water, glucose and this topic I think

https://doulton.com/importance-drinking-water-diabetes/

https://www.sharecare.com/health/diabetes/drinking-water-blood-sugar

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...ng-water-can-help-lower-the-risk-of-diabetes/

Regards Jaylee !