How long do you get pump for?

jagger38

I have had my animas 2020 now since December 2010, I would really like to go on the animas vibe. Just wondering how long you have to be on your pump, before you get an upgrade. Think they told me it was every three years, but can't remember. Just wondered if anyone knows?

Thanks for reading.....

VickiT11979

The pump warranty is 4 years, and most PCTs pay for a new pump after the end of the warranty. They'll have to in your case, as Animas have just written to all 2020 pump users to say the pumps won't work after 31st Dec 2014, the software shuts down or something.
I've just trialled a Vibe & there's minimal difference between it & the 2020 in my opinion, apart from the CGM integration. Almost everyone has to self fund this if they want it though, at a cost of £1600-2500/year. Why are you so keen to upgrade?

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Jagger38,
I was on the 2020 but it broke a couple of weeks ago and I got upgraded for free. The warranty on a pump lasts 4 years but my old dtron only had a 2 year warranty. The 2020 has 4 years although I had had mine for 5 years and got it replaced for free. It's exactly the same as the 2020 only ever so slightly bigger and has the cgm intergration.

jagger38

When I got my pump, I thought they said three years, I have been told the vibe is more up to date, and can correct low and high reading automatically. When I spoke to my consultant she said it came with a cgm, no mention of cost from myself. If I do have to wait the four years, I still want to stay with animas, they are a good company, and I like their pumps. I would like one without the tubing which the vibe has. I will discuss it with the hospital when I go next month, thanks for the replies.