How Many Carbs.....

Henry_Sugar

do you have a day ?

After reading the v interesting thread here :-

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-diets-and-diabetes-uk.51623/

I thought I'd pose this question to our forum.

30 or 300 or no doubt somewhere in between.......

Checking via the myfitnesspal app I'm averaging about 170ish a day.

My HbA1c was 8.1 & taken before Xmas. Considering I've only been carb counting for 6 months I'm ok with this, but most importantly, it WILL improve ;)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
typically less than 150.

Exercise related carbs intake can push it up, but I'm not bothered about that as it's being directly used and not contributing to any blood sugar rise.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anywhere between 50g and 200g a day, but usual around the 120g mark.

This is around the same as I ate prior to diagnosis

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Between 150-180g of carbs a day normally although I've been nearer 180-200g over the last few weeks.

fryrpc

I am Type2, 90kg and 6ft so I am trying to lose some weight so that I am closer to the middle on the BMI scale.
Between 50 and 70g of carbs a day. Some days a little lower and over the last 90 days only three days over at nearly 100g on those days.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I don't count them.
Ryvita for breakfast, fruit or low fat yoghurt, beans, a lot of veg, sweet potato sometimes, milk, low fat, count the calories, and eat to my meter.

Henry_Sugar

I don't count them.
Ryvita for breakfast, fruit or low fat yoghurt, beans, a lot of veg, sweet potato sometimes, milk, low fat, count the calories, and eat to my meter.

Can I pls ask if you are a type 1 or 2 diabetic Douglas99 ??

Thanking you in advance.......;)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Below 30 grams although that's due to that amount being the maximum I can tolerate-I would eat 50-60 grams but that would mean adding an extra fast acting insulin which I'm trying to avoid.

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Between 50 and 100 grams. Average 70. I can't seem to tolerate grain based carbs anymore so most of my carbs are veg/ fruit/ nuts and the odd roast potato. (I couldn't give them up!)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Between 20 and 150 grams. I average around 90 nowadays. If I see my morning FBG begin to rise over a few days then I'll reduce carbs until it comes back to what I'm happy with.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
20 to 30 a day never felt fitter and love the fact l am not peckish :)

MID

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
About 30g at the mo. Depending in what I'm eating it can be up to 50g.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Hi Mo sorry got distracted by a boiling bath
yes.gif

A sort of general menu l eat some days may be a bit less not usually more than this.
2 scrambled eggs for breakfast, no milk in it and dry cooked.
nothing till lunch then
100 gram yogurt (4.1carb /100gram weight)
50 gram weight raspberrys
2 or 3 spring onions works out about 20 to 30 gram weight l try not to go over 30 weight (7gram acrb/100gram weight)
5 thin slices prepacked salami or peparrami small slices
50 grams chedder cheese
2 crackerbreads with butter (love these they go all chewy by lunch.... 3.8 gram carb each)
Then nothing till dinner around 19;00
Some sort of meat or fish
sprouts or cabbage or spinach something along those lines usually 2 veg about 50gram weight / veg
If l remember or have it in 2 squares (18gram weight) of lindt 90% which is carbs18g/100gram
if fish have some hellmann full fat may l don't like fish so have 14 grams/1 portion never finish it again it is just to add a bit of taste

Post evening exercise about 21:30 +/- have around 50gram cheddar and 3 slices of the prepacked salami or peparrami small slices

i am trying to wean off my nightly 250ml hot milk full fat we use goats milk,,, it does help me sleep l think but l am sleeping without on my trials that's about 8.8 grams. And if l have it to have it after exercise so being used up.

Around 6 coffees a day but most l don't finish a sip or 2 (no sugar ick and refuse to use sweetners) use about 8ml single cream/mug again almost no carbs and given how much coffee l don't drink l don't count it. In total probably about 2 full mugs coffees a day.

It seems to do me but wont do everyone, l am not hungry and my bloods range between 4.9 to 5.8

l am looked on as a weirdo at work as we have lots of boxes of chocolates and l am not interested in any.

Reactions: 2 people