How many members have RH?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Nosher,
The question is ambiguous.
Could someone explain please and why does it need to be quantified.
Surely we are not being asked to disclose our medical notes?
I would have thought the number of people you and Brun have helped and encouraged speaks for itself!
regards
Derek

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Nosher,
The question is ambiguous.
Could someone explain please and why does it need to be quantified.
Surely we are not being asked to disclose our medical notes?
I would have thought the number of people you and Brun have helped and encouraged speaks for itself!
regards
Derek

You are totally correct and it is ambiguous, it was part of another thread, and I just asked for curiosity sake! I was also being lazy, if I looked at all my posts, I could find out myself.

You are now part of the RH group and have already helped me and Brun and others with questions, long may it continue! If I'm right your experience goes further back than mine in years, just not here on the forum!

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's not easy to identify if it's mixed in with all you're other variations.

Reading a book on endocrinology, there are several variants for reasons behind Postprandial Reactive Hypoglycemia

Exagerated insulin response: related to rapid glucose absorption, e.g. post gastrectomy dumping syndrome. This results in a delayed insulin peak with respect to the peak glucose.

Incipient diabetes melitus: Occasionally presents with postprandial hypoglycemia, possibly related to disorded insulin secretion.

I've occasionally had issues with Exagerated Insulin Response, but that happens rarely where my sugars really peak after eating then have a hypo after.

It must be a right pain if you have to deal with it in a frequent basis as blood sugar must yo yo like crazy.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's not easy to identify if it's mixed in with all you're other variations.

Reading a book on endocrinology, there are several variants for reasons behind Postprandial Reactive Hypoglycemia

Exagerated insulin response: related to rapid glucose absorption, e.g. post gastrectomy dumping syndrome. This results in a delayed insulin peak with respect to the peak glucose.

Incipient diabetes melitus: Occasionally presents with postprandial hypoglycemia, possibly related to disorded insulin secretion.

I've occasionally had issues with Exagerated Insulin Response, but that happens rarely where my sugars really peak after eating then have a hypo after.

It must be a right pain if you have to deal with it in a frequent basis as blood sugar must yo yo like crazy.

Thanks for posting!
You have no idea what fluctuating bloods do to you!
I call it my hypo hell! It is truly awful, especially if you have no idea what is happening to you and the reasons behind it.
I have Late Reactive Hypoglycaemia. Which is excess insulin production after quick absorption of my glucose.
There are more as you say.
I have listed them in our sub forum.
There are many reasons for hypoglycaemia and only tests can sort them out, there is also, insulinoma and pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
Meds cause a lot of hypoglycaemia in diabetics.
There are more RH ers out there that don't know they are, because of the lack of training for our doctors. Blood glucose disorders are rarely diagnosed until seen by endocrinologists. Most are misdiagnosed like myself because of the spikes they see when tested and usually the patients hba1c is high.
Until control happens by getting rid of the food that triggers the hypers. Then the tests show which form of hypoglycaemia the patient has.
If you have recurring hypoglycaemia episodes, then depending how symptomatic you are, then that patient should be tested for hypoglycaemia. Most are usually told to just reduce carbs rather than not eating them at all, which works!

There are those who have stomach surgery, that because of the quick digestion, have too much Insulin remaining, can and do get RH.

As you can see, I've done my homework.

It is a dietary condition, treated by diet and lifestyle. Even though it is a right pain, it is doable, and I live my life really good. I work and have a full life. And my health is really good. Not bad for an old **** like me!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Nosher,
I now think high insulin has not only caused nafld but also is one component of my former high b.p.
atb
Derek

I think the evidence is becoming clearer, I will have a look around, to see if either of the following have an enormous factor in nafld. Insulin, glucose, glucagon, glycogen or some other hormones. I do think that a metabolic/blood glucose imbalance is inherently more probable.

Nosher