How many of you use a diabetes management app?

broccoliSK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a diabetes management app to make recording my BGs and insulin doses a bit easier.
Which one do you use and/or would recommend and why?

Thank you!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I use Diaconnect app. Which works for me across whichever device I have to hand logging my BG, units & carb intake.
I use an Apple tablet & an Adroid phone. & they "share" the data using my email account.

The MySugr app is another popular used by members. & works well if you happen to have a Bluetooth adaptor for the Accu-Chek mobile meter? (But as far as I know only developed for Android?) I've used this app with the aforementioned devices, but found the user interface a little "Young & funky" for my personal taste..

Both the aforementioned are free apps. But it's possibly down to what visually works as a reference for you.

Hope this helps. :)

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I use a pump to remember all the stuff that I have it do. I have to wear the device to make it work, but one of the benefits is that it stores it.

Last time I was in to see the doctor she cited to me how many times I changed infusion sets with my pump by how many times I’d primed it.

Rob_UK

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politics and politicians.
I use the free OneDrop app, although I don't use their meter, test strips etc. as you can't get them on the NHS in the UK. The app itself is easy to use and gives a good insight in to how you're doing but you have to put the effort in to logging everything manually.

broccoliSK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look at those.

@Jaylee The Diaconnect app especially sounds interesting as it is synchronised cross-device. Is that the main reason you stuck with that one in particular?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee The Diaconnect app especially sounds interesting as it is synchronised cross-device. Is that the main reason you stuck with that one in particular?

Pretty much, yes. It works with my lifestyle.. Visually it's easier to reference for me. & the fact I can use either device at home or out to log my stuff.
I may take a reading in the morning & put it on my iPad, then go to work taking my phone. The reference for a possible insulin correction regarding DP is will be there. No need to wory about remembering what I did a few hours earlier when I comes to calculating a snack come breaktime.
Everyone else (collegues.) has Tinder at break.. I have a reasonably reliable "PA" with the app I use to help manage my condition & know where I stand on where I am.

I have an app that does the job crossing OS systems, regardless of device location or battery status.

Basically, I always have a "spare." ;)

Reactions: gemma_T1

broccoliSK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @Jaylee, I'll definitely check it out. A cross-device app would be perfect as I sometimes measure my blood sugar while on my computer, sometimes while using my phone and so on, so having multiple devices synced would be the best option for me.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have used MySugr for the past couple of years. I find it the best interface for the data for me (monster excluded).

D

Deleted member 308541

Which one do you use and/or would recommend and why?
I use Diabetes Journal, it's easy to find what you want. Has some good charts and graphs as a bonus and it only cost $2.00 to get rid of the adverts.

No annoying animations or sound fx to distract you either.