How many times does normal diabetics pee in a day ?

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Yesterday I had a right Barney with the practice receptionist via phone ,the one who deals with all the repeat prescriptions :evil:

Told me that the single use catheters I am using are VERY Expensive 30 in a box I can only have one box a week :shock: i have looked up the price works out around £1 @ each stab and pee
She wants me to pee only 4 x a day and that leaves 2 a week for Emg or if I sod it up :shock:

Consultant told me to empty bladder 7<>6 times a day Plus i have to drink more water now
I phoned Hospital and managed to get hold of the Urologist. He Phoned surgery Gave her and the practice manager a Right blast :D have as many as i need now

I seem to be using around 6 a day

A question how many times does a diabetic pee in a day ???? when your BG under control :mrgreen:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Bob :)
A bit embarrassing to answer this :lol: First of all, I consider my diabetes to be well controlled with an HbA1c of 5.3. But I pee absolutely dozens of times a day :oops: I always make sure I'm not far from a loo and the thing I absolutely dread and have nightmares about is getting stuck behind an accident on the motorway for an hour or more as I wonder what on earth I would do. It's so difficult for a woman (not giving too much information there :roll: ) and so much easier for a man - what happened to equality of the sexes? If I have got to go out I make sure I don't drink anything for ages beforehand. It's really a problem for me :?

I hope you can get this worked out as it seems completely unsatisfactory, insane and inhuman to me.

Have a nice weekend :D

bowell

Dislikes
Thats was the point 4X day Seems to me totally unrealistic for Man Woman or beast

PS You can get things for women so you can pee just like us :oops:

Google shewee

White__51256_thumb.jpg

josie38

Hi bowell,

4X a day :!: :!: :!: :!:

Seems a bit extreme telling you you can only pee 4X...glad you sorted it out

Josie

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Some medication can make you 'pee' a lot more than someone who is medication free. A common drug class with a hidden agenda is a calcium channel antagonist as it relaxes blood vessels which in turn effects the kidneys increasing the urine volume.

So before anyone thinks they are passing more urine than they should, they should first consult their GP as to the true side effects of their medication regime.
I used to think I had a 'problem' before my cardiologist put me straight.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi again Bob :)

Just asked my husband. He's not diabetic. He said 4-5 times a day but if he's had a few beers it's more :lol: Does that mean they won't allow you to drink? :evil:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
That portable pee thing looks ideal for having in the car. I suppose you need to have a jamjar or bottle too in the car to put liquid in? Or just empty it out of the window?

This is turning out to be an entertaining thread for a Saturday 8)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, what contradicting advice! telling you to drink 'more' then trying to reduce your bags, if anything they should provide you with more to store extra fluid intake.... I actually cant put a number on my loo trips! all I CAN say it LOADS.... somedays litres never mind the pints.... ! :lol: Anna.x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thanks Bob - you have resolved a long standing nightmare that I had :)

I have just ordered a Shewee - a blue one :lol: (too much information :shock: ) so that's one thing less to worry about now. Hope I never need it though :oops:

bowell

Dislikes
The thing with going on this system was to give me some freedom and help stop UTIs
and to pee like you,, When its convenient.

I have no sensation at all ,So i don't know when to go
so other solutions are a perm catheter and bag or nappies :?

You can get all kinds of things for men and woman with bottles tubes
also bags with gel in that turns to a solid

Made you think now haven't I :lol: just think you can try and write DAISY in the snow :lol:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Would like to be able to write DAISY in the snow. My handwriting's not very good though :lol: Lucky I chose a short username :shock: One of my hidden ambitions... Let's hope if I get stuck on the motorway it will be a snowy day. Otherwise I'll go for a walk in the snow first and practice :mrgreen:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Daisy
They had female urinals with disposable cardboard versions at the London Marathon start.
From some of the accounts I read I think it might take some practice. :wink:
I was a coward and queued for the normal loos
It would be useful on a walks runs in winter when the foliage is sometimes a bit sparse to hide behind.

bowell

Dislikes
Loads of Wine and Practice in the shower :? Never know may even manage a full stop

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I hope it comes with an instruction manual :lol:

bowell

Dislikes
Us lads never had one ,, :wink:
Just don't play with it in the dark ,,coz your go blind :mrgreen:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Love it! This should be made a Sticky Thread - best laugh I've had in days! :lol:

Viv 8)

bowell

Dislikes
You will probably start leaving the toilet seat up now :D

You do know why we do that ??? :roll:

To let it drain :lol: :mrgreen:

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure, I've never counted, more than 4 times for sure though!