how odd

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
hi everyone,
am type 2 and decided that just for valentines day had a chineese take away for dinner i had chicken curry boiled rice and sweet n sour prawn balls yet tested blood 3 and a hallf hours later and only registred 8.7 :eek: i was expecting it to rocket to the moon any ideas why.
Rob..... :)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
It may have been on the way up at that point, did you test later to see if it was higher.

The sweet and sour sauce would have peaked quickly but the batter on the prawn balls would slow down absorbtion plus the rice would be slow acting as well.

However good for you if you 'got away' with it, wish I could, I love sweet and sour !

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Rob,

As Sue says it could have peaked much later due to the fat content of the meal, before I was diagnosed I use to love sweet and sour chicken balls with fried rice and I am now drooling at the thought it! :D

Nigel

lister

Dislikes
Thanks nigel and sue for the replies.
no unfortunately i did not check later with hindsight i should have but still learning this diabetes and carbs stuff.
i did weigh myself today and ouch i put on 0.04 of a pound so now i've got to get it back off i bet it takes a lot longer to lose :lol: won't do that again least not till next valentines day :lol:
i did try to be a little good though i really love chicken fried rice but opted for boiled instead
i think i'm due a hba1c in the next month or 2 be interested in the resaults as apart from yesterday i've been lower carbing and losing weight.
anyway thanks again
Rob :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Rob,

One carb blow-out will not effect your hba1c result in 2 months time and you have ample time to get back on track. :wink:

Nigel

lister

Dislikes
thanks nigel.
i guess it's not so bad. :)

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
I have the same results with sweet/sour meals I guess we are just lucky, and I have checked at 1&2 hour intervals. I think it may depend on where you get your meal from because I do get high results from supermarket ready meals but am OK with the local takeaway :)