• less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stefans

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My doc have told me that she wants to reduce my lows to none.
Of course I want that also but doing so would force me to increase my blood sugar to a level that I don't want to, she does not answer my question on how often the normal amount of lows are.
So I decide to check with you guys, to see if I have lots of lows or not!
I checked my meter and counted about one low every 3.5-4 days for the last 12 weeks. Is that considered bad?
I counted a low as below 3.9 mmol/l or 70 mg/dL.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I voted 2 a week but it can be more than that......

its worthwhile mentioning that the hypos I have are almost always before a meal and slow onset due to either a small increase in activity levels or a small error in dosing.....

so for me, lows like that are OK........and can be rather enjoyable when you get some grub.....;)

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd say I'm about the same as you, one every 3-4 days.

I think your consultant will be wanting to reduce them if your hba1c is very good because the hypos will lower it and therefore she/he won't be getting an accurate picture if what your levels are up to. I had one accuse me of having hypos all of the time when my hba1c was good because she didn't believe it was actually because I'd been trying really hard!

I wouldn't say your hypos are excessive.

Claire x

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Such a difficult one to answer as there no set appatern, sometimes I can go 2-3 weeks and not have one then have two or three in the space of a few days, what is important above all else is the ability to recognise the hypo and treat it yourself @Stefans.