Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All .
I was out last night , caught up with a dear friend havent seen since the summer.
Missed this programme - thanks grace for the link .

This strikes a strong cord with me as I speak - MRSA is doing the rounds in the ICUnits
of our larger local hospital .
When I attend the clinics there the toilets and certain areas/zones are actually filthy :evil:
Plus reports from the same hospital of poor food supplies, kitchen hygiene, patients choices have
made our local newspaper headlines.
Not suprised as it 'is' so probably true :x

Yet at the smaller local hospital in another town this hospital is absolutely 'SPOTLESS' with a full clean bill of
passed every review and checks etc...

You would 'think' the largest hospital would follow the smaller ones example , change things and follow suit!

Am due to vist the eye clinic at the larger hospital this friday and am dreading it .
Things like using the dodgy public toilets , sitting in a dirty waiting area , heating on top wack boiling up
waiting patients and bugs alike!
The staff there are professional and pleasant its just the enviroment conditions are getting dirtier each time
I vist the place ... So 'NOT' good :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
anna29 said:
Hi All .
I was out last night , caught up with a dear friend havent seen since the summer.
Missed this programme - thanks grace for the link .

This strikes a strong cord with me as I speak - MRSA is doing the rounds in the ICUnits
of our larger local hospital .
When I attend the clinics there the toilets and certain areas/zones are actually filthy :evil:
Plus reports from the same hospital of poor food supplies, kitchen hygiene, patients choices have
made our local newspaper headlines.
Not suprised as it 'is' so probably true :x

Yet at the smaller local hospital in another town this hospital is absolutely 'SPOTLESS' with a full clean bill of
passed every review and checks etc...

You would 'think' the largest hospital would follow the smaller ones example , change things and follow suit!

Am due to vist the eye clinic at the larger hospital this friday and am dreading it .
Things like using the dodgy public toilets , sitting in a dirty waiting area , heating on top wack boiling up
waiting patients and bugs alike!
The staff there are professional and pleasant its just the enviroment conditions are getting dirtier each time
I vist the place ... So 'NOT' good :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Anna.

The worst thing they could ever have done was close all the cottage hospitals down and erect these huge monstrosities which are impossible to manage and impossible to keep clean. I live an hour away from a hospital which is top of the list for high death rates. It's huge, it stinks and it's filthy because so many people pass through it on a regular basis. It's a sick building.

Another hospital in my city, The Royal Liverpool (sounds plush doesn't it) was built in 1974 and is a monstrosity of a building on the outskirts of the city centre and I certainly wouldn't feel safe going to A & E there or being an inpatient. My brother in law died there 4 years ago when a case of 'bronchitis' his GP had diagnosed turned out to be an aggressive lung cancer that took him from us less than a month after he got the diagnosis. He went for a routine chest X-ray only because my sister wasn't happy with the bronchitis diagnosis and persecuted the GP until he gave in. They were told the news immediately that there was nothing they could do for him and he was simply sent back home to die. He later had to be admitted when he worsened and he was plonked in the CENTRE of a ward, his bed wasn't up against a wall like the rest, there was no room, so he spent his last days without any palliative care, just plonked in the centre of the room and every time anyone walked in or out of the ward they had to circumnavigate his bed to get across the room and he had no dignity or privacy or comfort whatsoever in his last days.

That hospital is only 37 years old and is already due to be demolished because it was built with dogdy concrete or something and you'd have thought the Chief Execs in power would have had the knowledge and experience to get that right wouldn't you? And THAT'S what really makes me mad when I hear HCPs and politicians talking about patients being BURDENS. They've got a bloody cheek when they're mismanaging funds so badly. When we have enquiries we get the stock expression "We've learned lessons from this ..." Easy to say, but it's not true.

I think the NHS Agenda For Change has all been about change for the sake of it more about creating jobs than actually providing decent services and like everything else they let the New Millenium Madness run away with them.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
GraceK is 100% correct

However I did find it sad when helping our local florist out with deliveries. Flower's were banned in the hospital's in case the water was contaminated and the nurses were to busy to change the water etc;
Flower's do cheer patient's up and also the nurses.

I surprised that our MP/Doctor Plonker(leeP) has not suggested to ban sick Patient's from these hospital's as they have only themselves to blame.

Roy. :)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
izzzi said:
GraceK is 100% correct

However I did find it sad when helping our local florist out with deliveries. Flower's were banned in the hospital's in case the water was contaminated and the nurses were to busy to change the water etc;
Flower's do cheer patient's up and also the nurses.

I surprised that our MP/Doctor Plonker(leeP) has not suggested to ban sick Patient's from these hospital's as they have only themselves to blame.

Roy. :)

Thanks Roy ... and I'm truly not ranting for the sake of it ... nor am I getting at the thousands of wonderful HCP's and admin staff who work very hard and who DO genuinely care. I'm ranting about those hospitals and staff who aren't just 'not up to standard' but who blatantly LIE and ask their employees to LIE about their standards and engage in gagging and cover ups while they're labelling patients as 'burdens' while they collect their salary without any conscience whatsoever.

There are doctors and nurses and admin staff who have lost their jobs because they put patients first and spoke out and equally there are doctors who openly brag about the money they earn from 'just signing death certificates' being enough to cover their gas bill. When you listen to comments like that every day from so called 'caring professionals', it does make you question the motives and integrity of some people and I, for one, don't want to work with them or to be associated with them. They make me puke.