1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How to make my life more successful?

Discussion in 'Young People/Adults' started by Michik, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Michik

Michik Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, how to make life more successful and happier? I think Im getting bored with my life during holidays. I just wake up, do my morning routine and then nothing. I dont have anything interesting to do. It happens all the time in a day. I often use smartphone/pc because I find it at least entertaining for me. Sometimes I read school books for the next grade, sometimes I play football with mates.
    I dont do any sports every day. I cant enjoy my life in this way that I treat everything like waste of time and not satysfying.
    Id travel by sea, by lake or in the mountains, just to forget about anything and clear my mind but cant afford it :(

2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi, it's the teenage years with raging hormones, but you can turn it around and make your life more fulfilling, interesting and positive if you want to. Good luck, I hope you find something.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Enjoy-Summer-As-a-Teenager

• Like Like x 3
  3. Michik

Im sorry but I couldnt find anything good for me. Maybe because many of those thing dont exist in my town.

4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Volunteering? Asking at a care home for the elderly if you can visit and chat to the residents? Do you have an animal shelter need by that needs help? Local library where you could read to the children?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Michik

Unfortunately Im not keen on those activites, Id rather work on my own

6. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You sound like a frustrated artist.
    Grab yourself a sketch book, few pencils.
    Water and some lunch.
    Then go draw.
    Landscapes, City scapes, seafront scene's, and in woods. Just what ever you have around. You might find you have a real talent waiting to be unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

7. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Or teach yourself how to write apps. You never know when that might come in useful.

8. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

You should, if you enjoy football look to join a football team in the local youth league, my children did and they use to train once or twice a week then play a league game on the weekend, exercise is a great way to feel better about yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

If you find that the day stretches ahead of you endlessly, then it might help to have some kind of routine to break it up. It doesn't have to be a strict or complicated routine. You can plan to do things you like - walks, reading, writing a blog, studying a subject you want to know more about (in a relaxed, non-school way), listen to music, research films and watch some classics you haven't seen before, do an exercise DVD or similar. Just suggestions :)

I remember being bored and miserable when I was in my late teens. But now I'd welcome being bored as I'm really busy! So if I could go back in time, I'd make the most of that free time by doing things I enjoy. Think of the days as opportunities to fill the space with a variety of your favourite things :)

10. Michik

I cant draw like an artist. Im rather type of physicist or scientifist.
    I dont wanna join because im not in a shape and i dont have condition, and my parents wouldnt agree(dont get tired too much).

11. novorapidboi26

novorapidboi26 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

how old are you and where do you live....?

being bored and being successful are two very different things....

12. Michik

Im 16 and I live in Poland

13. Michik

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook