How's your Xmas been ?

PG1759

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wandering how everyone has managed over the festive season with their blood sugars ?

It's my first Xmas as a type 1 and Ive been a bit care free at times. Feel guilty to be honest as I've had a few beers and the odd takeaway. Not done my readings much good :(

New year back ahead to get back on it !

Reactions: 3 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
My first as well and been exactly the same! Wanted to be normal for a while but now tired of extra injections. Looking forward to getting healthy again :)

Reactions: 4 people

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
Hi there, not my first, My 44th as type 1 but yes I have enjoyed lots of things that do not feature everyday-because Christmas is not everyday...neither is Hogmanay(I am Scottish) Enjoy.Rx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My 25th Christmas, BS going bonkers and not even over indulged in anything:eek:, a couple of quality Streets and the same for alocholic drinks, Better yesterday and today, phew.

Good luck and best wishes for 2015 :)

RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
26th T1 Christmas and I suspect that my bs was as bad as it always was over the festive period. I just had a libre to show me this year. Back to the gym and sensible eating now and we are back on track.

PG1759

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks people ! Glad I'm not the only one. My average glucose has increased over the last few days to 9.6 (Libre reading) and Ive been running high every night for the last week ! Think I just wanted a break from it all but I'm miffed I've let myself down recently with highs of 18 !

Oh well back to the grindstone next year !

Happy new year to all of you. Hope it's a happy one :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks people ! Glad I'm not the only one. My average glucose has increased over the last few days to 9.6 (Libre reading) and Ive been running high every night for the last week ! Think I just wanted a break from it all but I'm miffed I've let myself down recently with highs of 18 !

It's a new year tomorrow and a brand new fresh start for so many.:D

' It is human to err' Le Corbusier ( 1887 - 1965)

Take care everyone :)

RRB

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Mine is 9.2 according to Libre. I'm not letting myself feel guilty though, we're only human. I've learned a lot for next year too.

Wow what ah yeah eh!? Good luck getting back on track for 2015 :)

PG1759

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks ! And yeah what a year ! Always people worse off though. Thanks for the support :)