1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Humalog 25 - anyone have experience?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by kellibabi, Jun 11, 2014.

1. kellibabi

kellibabi · Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I'm currently on tablets but am due to be switched to injections as my BS are up & down a lot & my DN thinks switching will level them out into better numbers.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of Humalog 25 (the insulin she wants to put me on)?

Did you find you stopped feeling so 'ill'/didn't get as many headaches/generally felt a lot better?

Any advice/words of experience appreciated!

2. Alanp35

Alanp35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Nothing with diabetes is a cover all as everyone is different. I,am late onset T1 and have been on Humalogmix 25 since October 2013 and have had no problems. I was started on a low dose which was increased until my BGs were as good as they could be. Perfect is not a word I use when talking about diabetes. I am on 50 with breakfast and 20 with evening meal. Feeling so much better than I have done in a long, long time.
    It is a fixed dose so there is no calculating of carbs eaten and how much insulin to inject to cover that meal. It is very simple and very easy.
    Give it a go, if it doesn't suit you there are other insulins and other regimes.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
    Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

3. Expat in Turkey

Expat in Turkey Type 2 · Member

Hi Kellibabi,

I moved to Humalog 50/50 twice a day from tablets earlier this year. It took a couple of weeks to get used to injecting but I felt MUCH better after moving to Humalog. the tablets were not working well for me, My BG is now under control and life is good.

4. kellibabi

kellibabi · Well-Known Member

Hello Alan + Expat,

Thank you for sharing your experiences - I feel a LOT better about it now :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook